Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

03 VLX dash speakers.

henrik

Honestly its easier to pull it. Only about 3 or 4 screws on each side. Just pull the wind guard tape (don't know what to call it) back and they will be right there

Windshield is easy, you pull the weather stripping & expose the screws. Good time to really clean your dash & stuff. Perhaps replace the weather sealant the goes in between the windshield & the hull, it is probably cracked & old if never replaced before

Got the speakers out without removing windshield. New speaker on helm side only secured with 3 screws, cannot get to the 4th one yet. Will try a shorter screw as I cannot even get it started in proper angle. I tried to remove windshield, broke the head of 2nd screw so I stopped as it was getting late anyway. Do I have to remove all the glass on helm side including the piece going down the side? It has a metal frame separating the 2 pieces, not sure on how to get them apart. Will try tomorrow again.

The windshield does not come part, it is all one piece. I had many problems with the screws myself, I replaced with new. A couple of holes were stripped out as well, I mixed up two part epoxy, coated the new screw threads in it & tightened them down

Thanks for input. Hoping to be done before the weekend to enjoy it on the water instead of sweating in the garage and driveway. Any thoughts of decent replacement speakers for the tower? It has Kicker speakers now, at least the grills says so. 4 cans, 7 1/4" diameter. Replace with Kicker horns and grills? We mostly wakeboard so getting the sound out there a little ways would be good. Wetsounds or Exile that others love is not in my budget. should I look at anything else?

I replaced once without removing. Took me way way longer than just removing. Like others have said, you don't pull the glass. The whole frame and glass comes off. Pull the rubber strip and use a screw driver not a gun to remove screws. You may have a bolt on each windshield you will need a helper to hold the nut on the bottom