Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Front Ballast Tank Not filling.

Hey Team,

I went out this weekend and noticed my front tank wasn't filling. The front tank read 0% (filling) but never filled up. I know the tank wasn't filling because it never over filled so it wasn't just a gauge misread. Other than immediately taking it to the dealer, which I will if I have to but, where is the first place to look/trouble shoot for this issue?

Lift your floor hatch left of the driver's seat(if you have one) and check to see if the ball valve to the front tank pump is open. If so, you may have to close it, undo the pump from the cartridge and lift it until water runs out. I went thru this with my 07 VLX a number of times.....it's like an airlock and the pump can't prime. Good luck and cheers,

Dave