Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan III Tower Setup

Jasvols83

Does anyone have any pictures of either Wetsound or Exile Speakers on their Titan III tower?

I am torn on what to do, sell my single Pro 485 and go to a Rev10 or Rev8 pair or replace my current single 485 with a single Rev410. I have the amp power to do any of the 3 options but am concerned with head space and how these would fit with my swivel racks. I would love to hear from anyone with a Titan III tower that could possibly recommend either doing the pair of 8s or 10s or put a 410 in the middle as a stand alone as I currently do with my 485.

Thanks

I think I can give a little bit of insight. My Titan 3 has 6 speakers hanging from it and has good clearance under the center. But, I'm running 4 Rev8's in the "middle" and 2 Rev10's on the outside. So, looking from the back, it's 10,8,8,8,8,10. I'm 6'2" and can walk under the 8's without hitting my head. I'm happy with the setup, but think that a 410 in the middle would take up some room. A pair of 10's would be my suggestion because it allows you to walk "between" them without hitting your head.

And why are you worried about your racks? Do you leave boards in the racks when you swivel them all the way into the boat? I have 2 hydrofoil racks and those clear my 6 speakers with easy, and those racks swivel. Any of the speakers you want to run should allow plenty of speaker clearance.

Edited by gorilla

I just put a Titan 3 w/ a pair of Rev10s and I find there is plenty of room. The Rev 10s are awesome. I just got to try them out this weekend and have been blown away. So much louder than I needed.

I posted about this before, but my Titan 3 support beams were ~1" off from one side to the other, so measure a few ways before you drill holes!

Here is a pic:

rev10_zpsxbxpn5wf.jpg

I just put REV8s on my titan 3 tower this spring. You would definitely have enough clearance for REV10s if you pocket book can take the heat! I will try and snap a photo this evening.

Sorry about the other junk on this picture, but this should give you an idea (ignore the text / etc)... I felt like there is a lot of room, although I don't know how your spinner racks are set up. You could always put the racks lower or bring the speakers in closer to the center...

20150504_170656_zpsslnilf7k.jpg

Edited by jonredcorn

I appreciate the feedback and the photos. Not sure how much wider the Wakesetters are compared to the VRides but I am losing a little space I am certain there compared to some of the responses. As far as my swivel racks I am running an older style of Monster surf/wake combos that have a weird handle bar push lever to make it swing in; I guess I could lower them a bit to help but yes I do swing them in quite often when we tie up to boats which is every wkend.. The arm on it takes up a little bit of room inside the boat (I will try to post pics tonight). Those of you with the Rev10s do you still have room for your bimini? Mine is an under the tower unfortunately and I was curious if you all still use yours and is it an under the tower style or not?

I would love to see any additional photos...

Totally forgot about the Bimini. I've got an over the top one, no issues with clearance. But, for an under the tower style, just measure your distances from the Bimini to the tower. I think WetSounds has measurements on their website.

I talked with another local dealer and got some great feedback on installs they did on the same tower plus an additional $150 off my original quote from a separate dealer. I went with the Rev10s. I will figure out the bimini and rack situation later, now I am just pumped and cannot wait to hear them and glad I pulled the trigger on what I wanted all along.

I appreciate the feedback and the photos. Not sure how much wider the Wakesetters are compared to the VRides .....

Wakesetter is a package that includes a tower, ballast, Wedge, some bling, etc.

Vride is a model like VTX, LSV, VLX, etc.

You can buy the Wakesetter package on any model, even the Vride. I own one.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky