Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Winnipesaukee NH Boating

jtrovato

I will be spending a week up at Lake Winnipesaukee in July and looking for some suggestions where to go with the family on the Laconia/Meredith side of the lake. I'm really familiar with the Wolfeboro area as I have a friend that has a place there and grew up going to that side of the lake, but spend very little time over on the other end.

Any suggestions for places to go anchor up for the day/afternoon? Places to find good water for boarding or surfing away from the main part of the lake? We will be staying at the Naswa and keeping the boat on their dock for the week.

Thanks in advance! I know we have a few crew members on the lake, just not sure where.

my family has vacationed on the meredith side for the past 5-6 years, so i'll give my thoughts from a non-local perspective. we were in a cove across from wiers beach essentially, the entrance being between pitchwood island and spindle point (google maps). for surfing, that cove is typically big enough for most riders' 2-3 minute sets, and stays calm most of the time. i'm assuming you won't be going much on the weekends because i've never found calm water on a weekend at that lake! another spot that i have seen locals on for early morning riding is through sally's gut, on the opposite side of stonedam island. that's usually very calm and has a nice straight section for board sports.

have fun! the water is great up there, so clean.