Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Almost got on water

racer808

Finally had a nice weekend, spent Saturday changing fluids, fuel filter, she starts right up, cleaned her, made sure I didn't forget to tighten any hoses this year......called the closet reservoir to make sure things are okay to come being they've been down to only one dock (we've had so much rain some are flooded). Got up Sunday headed to the reservoir!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLOSED TO ALL BOATING!!!!! Water rose 4' over night & buried all the docks! Should've known something was up as I didn't see one boat on the water, it was glass & it's usually a pretty busy place, didn't feel like driving an hour to the next one. Supposed to be hot all week & just in time for Sat & Sun colder & more rain! FML. Can't boat, water table is so high (30 days of rain in a row, a record for here) I'm dealing with hydro-static pressure in my basement (water coming up from cracks) & I need some lake time!

Edited by racer808

Yeah but an hour drive & every swinging d*** was probably there. We have limited lakes / reservoirs & they get busy busy busy on the weekends. I need to start checking out the mountain lakes, I hear they are less busy since water is cold.

We were planning on taking the whole family out around 1pm yesterday. Ended up with just my daughter, our dog, and me getting to the launch around 6:30pm. Couple minor setbacks and wife and son had other commitments in the evening. No issues once we were on the water.

Three of us had a great evening at a new sandbar watching the ski show finish up in the distance. Water was a lot warmer than I thought it would be for all the cold weather since winter.

Yeah but an hour drive & every swinging d*** was probably there. We have limited lakes / reservoirs & they get busy busy busy on the weekends. I need to start checking out the mountain lakes, I hear they are less busy since water is cold.

I have heard good things about Horsetooth or Boyd Lake. I haven't been there personally but will be in the area next week!

I have heard good things about Horsetooth or Boyd Lake. I haven't been there personally but will be in the area next week!

Horse is awesome but it does get busy & the water is probably low 60's if that right now. Boyd is nice, small, warm clear water, busy as all hell on the weekends. Being I have a few weeks off between starting my new job we have weekday camping plans at boy Horse & boyd so should have a couple days of good water

Edited by racer808

you need to get a Standley pass.

Thought about it, but I didn't want to be stuck on one lake or not able to take my boat home to work on it.

I live a mile from stagecoach Lots of of camp spots. Marina And my 8 and 11 year old both put away the wet suites the water is over 60

Did not know about that place. I am going up there! Does it get busy or not really? Wolford is close, is one better than the other?

Edited by racer808

Finally had a nice weekend, spent Saturday changing fluids, fuel filter, she starts right up, cleaned her, made sure I didn't forget to tighten any hoses this year......called the closet reservoir to make sure things are okay to come being they've been down to only one dock (we've had so much rain some are flooded). Got up Sunday headed to the reservoir!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLOSED TO ALL BOATING!!!!! Water rose 4' over night & buried all the docks! Should've known something was up as I didn't see one boat on the water, it was glass & it's usually a pretty busy place, didn't feel like driving an hour to the next one. Supposed to be hot all week & just in time for Sat & Sun colder & more rain! FML. Can't boat, water table is so high (30 days of rain in a row, a record for here) I'm dealing with hydro-static pressure in my basement (water coming up from cracks) & I need some lake time!

We went to cherry creek after finding out chatfield was closed like you did. We got on the water about 930 and it was a goat screw. Had to put the truck in the water to almost the doors to float the boat off the trailer cause the water table. You should've seen the line at the ramp. One boat on, one boat off... line was to the entrance gate.

We went to cherry creek after finding out chatfield was closed like you did. We got on the water about 930 and it was a goat screw. Had to put the truck in the water to almost the doors to float the boat off the trailer cause the water table. You should've seen the line at the ramp. One boat on, one boat off... line was to the entrance gate.

Glad I skipped going over there. Think I'm gonna try Boyd this coming sat morn

Did not know about that place. I am going up there! Does it get busy or not really? Wolford is close, is one better than the other?

. It doesn't get busy like anything on the front range. I rent a slip at stage coach Never been to wolford

Thought about it, but I didn't want to be stuck on one lake or not able to take my boat home to work on it.

I take my boat home every time. They just tag you out. Just can't goto another lake unless you want to dry dock for 35 days.

Edited by pook77

I take my boat home every time. They just tag you out. Just can't goto another lake unless you want to dry dock for 35 days.

I guess I misunderstood the guy on the phone, he made it sound like my boat stays parked at Stanley & if it leaves it gets dry docked.

I feel your pain! I live in Tulsa and some areas of the state have received 39" of rain in the last 90 days (including Tropical Storm Bill that just cleared). Our lakes are all maxed out and some spilling over the spillways. It's a mess. I've been able to get out a few times on the lake close to me. Only one ramp tall enough to launch on when the water is at full capacity. Unfortunately the asphalt has started to wash away from it being submerged so high so as if this week it's either a mean, heavy 4x4 to get the boat out or drive an hour and a half to the next lake with accessible Ramps. It's kind of nice though, everyone is scared of the full lakes and all the drift thus making for smooth water everywhere. The drift kills the night rides though :-/ I've seen a few 50' trees floating around. ?

Here's our rainfall totals

https://www.mesonet.org/index.php/weather/rainfall_table

Edited by triscadek