Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A24 Prop number

jdiaz78

I need to buy an extra prop as I have bent mine a little bit. I plan on getting it reconditioned, but want to get a spare also. Does anyone know what prop number the high altitude prop from Axis is? According to my boat spec sheet, it is 14.25 x 14.5, but I need the prop number that is on the face of the propeller. My boat is at the lake and don't have time to run up there the next few days. I'm thinking I want to get a torque prop but don't know if I need it. I have the LS3 engine which has plenty of power, but it seems that is takes a good 10 seconds to get the wave cleaned up for surfing.

Would a torque prop get that going quicker and how much top end would I lose?

Delta Propeller suggested the 2315 but I want to make sure that isn't the prop I'm currently running.

Thanks for your help.

John

Acme 2419 is what you want if you want the most aggressive. Next is the 2315. If I were at altitude, 2419 would be it unless you have the new gear ratio. Given you have a 14 A24, don't think you have the newer gear ratio that came out in 2015. 2419 is what you want but top speed will be reduced to 38-39 mph. It is a monster though. I have the same boat A24 with LS3 so I type this from experience.

How much a difference does the 2315 make compared to the 1235? This whole prop thing is new to me since my previous boat had impellers.

How much a difference does the 2315 make compared to the 1235? This whole prop thing is new to me since my previous boat had impellers.

Very noticeable