Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weekend Projects

braindamage

So this weekend I was a busy guy....

I fixed my boat lift...the cable snapped for the 2nd time in 2 years, so I replaced the entire assembly. Hopefully that will do it.

Secondly, I finished and did a first test on my DIY NSS. I've got another topic with more detail.

Lastly...I changed to my back-up prop because apparently my teenagers have been careless keeping track of the water depth.

post-17958-0-66007400-1434336382_thumb.j

post-17958-0-11071100-1434336399_thumb.j

post-17958-0-27201600-1434336450_thumb.j

Are you using a better quality cable. Google cables some are much better at bending then others. I once bought new cable from my local marina He told me the galvanized lasted just as long. Wrong less then a year. I get aircraft quality Stainless steal. I usually get many years from it. I am going to get a spool of it. for the price I get OME cables I can get a spool for just a little more and have enough to do six lifts. I will need to get some of the other parts eyes and might get the crimper tool but will still save a bunch.

And for a vertical lift its not as much the price but the work if its in the water.