Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Short aerial video...

ibelonginprison

Oh man! Scary stuff!! I thought about how cool it would be to fly over some areas but what if it had a malfunction and crashed...? Could be catastrophic.

I just talked to another friend and he was at an event over the weekend that had 2 drones taking pics and vids. He said one fell right out of the sky like a rock. Good thing it didn't hit anyone.

Interesting. Now I'm really curious what the failure rate is.

He has one that's at the bottom of the lake... forgot to turn off the gps "return home" feature... and the boat drifted about 10-15 feet while he was flying, so it dunked itself. Life lesson, right there. lol

And he had one that lost power over a forest about a half mile away, he never found it.

He just put carbon fiber blades on this one, and he's like "catching it scares the snot out of me, because those blades will probably take off a couple fingers."

Anyway, he actually went ahead and tossed some of the days random footage together into a video.

http://skybama.com/fun-times-with-friends-smith-lake-castle-house-wakesurfing-kneeboarding/

Ignore the dirty surf wave and my first time up surfing... ever. We were still figuring out how to clean it up, but we didn't get good video of it when it finally did. lol

last year, on our way back from mexico, we were talking with a group of guys who were returning from fishing trip. The guy in front of us way bumming because his brand new drone got away from him and flew out over the water from the boat never to be seen again! Worse part is he never caught a single fish either!

Sounds like these fly aways are more common than not, with all the people here having first hand experience with them. Would make me very nervous to get one of these. I'm very intrigued by the Lily though, especially at the $499 price!

I was wanting something simple that I could put on for while my kids surf and I am driving the boat. This looks great (IF IT WORKS) and there are not too many bugs.

Got my 10 y/o (and myself) an inexpensive AR Parrot 2.0. It is a great first drone and at $267 (on Amazon) not unreasonable. Built-in 720p video that records directly to your iPhone/ipad or Android device. Its an app based machine so your phone is also the remote and gives you a live feed. Several different flight control modes to fit your tastes. Pretty neat tech for the price. Will try and get some video and post this weekend.