Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Short aerial video...

ibelonginprison

I've been itching to pull the trigger on a drone. I've been looking at the mariner, which is waterproof, or the mariner 2 which launches in august

Not sure if you can see the link, but one of the best drone edits Ive seen

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/241696892584960?view=permalink&id=856655194422457&ref=bookmark

What happens if you still have it in September - will it still launch...?

Sweet! We just took my buds out this week. Nothing following the boat yet as we were trying to get the hang of it still. These things are seriously amazing. I'm impressed to say the least. The newest mariner is called the "splash" it was released this month. I'm going to compare the specs to his dji and seriously consider buying one.

http://fpvfactory.com/component/jshopping/category/view/49.html?Itemid=0

Took this at the end of my street yesterday. Only 450 ft high. Today I took it 1050 ft but haven't reviewed the video yet. I'm sure it's spectacular.

• Like 3

Sweet! We just took my buds out this week. Nothing following the boat yet as we were trying to get the hang of it still. These things are seriously amazing. I'm impressed to say the least. The newest mariner is called the "splash" it was released this month. I'm going to compare the specs to his dji and seriously consider buying one.

http://fpvfactory.com/component/jshopping/category/view/49.html?Itemid=0

Even if the specs aren't the same, waterproof in our area of fun outweighs all. I've had a couple buddies lose there's to the pacific and a couple lakes.

Even if the specs aren't the same, waterproof in our area of fun outweighs all. I've had a couple buddies lose there's to the pacific and a couple lakes.

What goes wrong? His DJI Phantom is super stable and easy to fly. We had a close call when running too hard on a low battery but are these things prone to malfunction?? They sure seem like they have a lot of electronics working together in harmony so I'd assume stuff could happen.

What drone did he use? I have been thinking of getting a low/mid priced one and playing with it tracking the boat/skier. Didn't know what was easiest to use.

That lilly is cool. It won't be long before they have one that can follow you around similar to the Lilly AND have the ability to fly it like a regular drone..... Oh and be waterproof too :)

Here is the one I found when looking for waterproof drone

The second version was released this month. It has the ability to carry and drop things too. Also you can fly a signal flare.

What goes wrong? His DJI Phantom is super stable and easy to fly. We had a close call when running too hard on a low battery but are these things prone to malfunction?? They sure seem like they have a lot of electronics working together in harmony so I'd assume stuff could happen.

One was clone, over the pacific filming our buddy surfing, just lost control and went went down. Thing became non responsive. One was 5 feet from the boat and lost power, went into the drink. One was a flyaway, just took off.

The waterproof version is needed for me, I wouldn't do DJI just because of it goes down, at least it floats and isn't totally destroyed. My big worry is the fly away. You can YouTube videos where they just fly off and disappear or become non responsive and crash. I can take me messing up and losing it, but a lot of money for it to malfunction and just fly away.

I'll get one anyway and curse at myself later :)

Norris, that's the one. The next version is suppose to have auto follow and a few other features as well.

Edited by wakebrdr94

Sooooooo I just watched a bunch of "fly away" videos and that would definitely be scary. Not only could you lose or ruin your expensive little toy, you could potentially hurt someone as well. Hmmmmmm... I have to assume this is not a super common occurrence....? I know there are a bunch of disaster vids out there but I'd have to think there are also others who have logged 100's of hours without issue.

The Splash Mariner is also the one I'd want most but I haven't delved into the drone world too much. I am sure the sky is the limit (no pun)...

Does anyone know how fast they can go?

My friends can go about 45mph. The Lilly - no idea. They're going to have to work out a lot of bugs before they release it.

My friends can go about 45mph. The Lilly - no idea. They're going to have to work out a lot of bugs before they release it.

45 MPH is getting busy.

I might buy the Lily when the second generation comes out.

We had my buds up to 31 mph but it may go a little faster. He has a DJi Phantom Vision 2+

I just watched a few stunt drone vids that were pretty amazing...

Sooooooo I just watched a bunch of "fly away" videos and that would definitely be scary. Not only could you lose or ruin your expensive little toy, you could potentially hurt someone as well. Hmmmmmm... I have to assume this is not a super common occurrence....? I know there are a bunch of disaster vids out there but I'd have to think there are also others who have logged 100's of hours without issue.

The Splash Mariner is also the one I'd want most but I haven't delved into the drone world too much. I am sure the sky is the limit (no pun)...

Not sure how common it is, but my sons dji phantom 2 did a flyaway...crashed into a hedge, just missed a guys car.