Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding Ballast Bags for Response TXI connected to MTC

h2oskinut

Where are you thinking of putting the bags?

Never thought about connecting things to the MTC but as I recall, the various 'buttons' that are not used in a TXI are just relays in the control box which you should be able to wire the pumps to in the same way as a Wakesetter ....

Edited by Punyelroo

You can't add it to the touch screen.

Or at least I am 90+ % sure you can't.

Why? I have a 13 TXi. The touch screen is controlled by 2 mux/black boxes. On the TXi they only install one.

I ordered the heater on my boat and it was not on the touch screen because they don't install the 2nd black box. I got Malibu/dealer to install the 2nd box and reconfigure the heater switch because it was never indicated to me.

So who knows if the ballast is in box 1 or 2. I am pretty confident based on my conversations with the dealer that most if not all the ballast is on the 2nd box that only the wakeboard boats gets.

Where are you thinking of putting the bags?

Never thought about connecting things to the MTC but as I recall, the various 'buttons' that are not used in a TXI are just relays in the control box which you should be able to wire the pumps to in the same way as a Wakesetter ....

+1^^^

I don't want bags lying / cluttering up the floor. Where would they go.

Holdin, very interesting I'm going to have to run this be my dealer to, guessing they

didn't charge you for the second black box . My heater is on a separate switch as is

my heated seat, not on MTC.

So how much would a second box cost?

My boat has the maliview dashboard could that possibility require the second box?

Where are these magic boxes located?

My heater is also on a separate switch...

Why would the MTC not know a second box is not installed, and not show the ballast control screen? Shame on the embedded programmer for not adding those few lines of code into the system if that is the case.

Does anyone know of firmware updates for MTC or Maliview?

Holden,

As you have the second black box did you install any ballast on it?

BTW the heater switch is in a terrible location I have accidentally turned it on many times grabbing my water bottle from the cup holder.

H2O

As I also have a WS247 I have not installed ballast in my TXi. I only insisted on the 2nd box because I wanted my heater on the touch panel and I felt that Malibu should have informed me differently if the TXi was not 100% touch screen as advertised/led to believe.

H2O

As I also have a WS247 I have not installed ballast in my TXi. I only insisted on the 2nd box because I wanted my heater on the touch panel and I felt that Malibu should have informed me differently if the TXi was not 100% touch screen as advertised/led to believe.

Oh yes I forgot your one the lucky ones with two boats.....lol....:Tease3:

Sorry...couldn't resist! Lol....

I called a dealer to check on what it would take to get another box or what is needed I will post when I find the results. I also want to get rid of that heater switch and put that on the MTC.

Dare2GB... I was planning to remove my back seat, make a nice carpeted box box to put a bag in (~800lb or biggest that will fit without being too bulky), so people could sit and step on, and put a small bag (~400 lb) in the front under floor compartment.

• Like 1

You can add the second power module - the plug exists in the wiring harness. You need a short power cable that provides power from the 1st box to the 2nd.

Dealer can order.

If anyone gets the pricing I might have to do it too... please post the costs...

Cheers

I called a dealer to check on what it would take to get another box or what is needed I will post when I find the results. I also want to get rid of that heater switch and put that on the MTC.

Dare2GB... I was planning to remove my back seat, make a nice carpeted box box to put a bag in (~800lb or biggest that will fit without being too bulky), so people could sit and step on, and put a small bag (~400 lb) in the front under floor compartment.

I'll be watching for the pics! In my 1992 Euro F3, the back seat cushion could rest onto of the arm rest, incorporating it into a larger

rear sun deck. Would be nice if one could have done this in the TXi, then place the ballast underneath.