Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wicked Wake Fit

Badgerfb5

I've got a 2009 VTX Diamond hull. WW has not designed/produced a product for the Diamond hull, only the Wake hull in the VTX. Any thoughts on whether the Wake product will fit the Diamond hull?

Cheers!

I had the same issue (I have 2003 Sunscape diamond hull) so they sold me one that is not "cut-to-fit" on the hull end. I will make a pattern and cut it myself. I am installing mine this weekend. Can't wait to try it.

What is involved in "cutting to fit"?

Create a template of the transom with cardboard. Trace it onto the wicked wake tab. Cut with a jig saw, coping saw, band saw, whatever.

The WW fits along the transom. And the difference between the wake & diamond hull is on the bottom. Not the same surface

WW believes the transom on the Diamond is different than the Wake.

I just purchased and installed the WW system on my 2012 22 MXZ. Really it is more of a function of the thickness of your swim plaform. After installing mine I don't think it would make a difference. Wicked Wake did ask me to send them a picture of the back of my hull when ordering so I might just suggest asking them that question. It is a very simple design so I would bet you are ok.