Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help with my Heater

Out on the lake early yesterday morning and turned on the heater. Fan works in both low and high but it blows cold.

The hoses were cold but I couldn't figure out where on the engine they originate.

Is there a shutoff for the flow on the heater hoses?

Any ideas where to look to figure this out would be helpful.

Were you just at idle when trying the heater? The way Malibu routes the hoses causes low water flow through the heater at engine idle speeds so you don't get much heat. Did you try it while moving with the engine over 2000 RPM?

Did you just get it as in second owner? If the heater was leaking the old owner might of put a jumper house on it so the heater doesn't get any water. My older DD boat did have a valve that you could close to stop water flow, my 04 VLX you have to put a jumper house on to stop the flow.

I'm going to assume it's a 2008 LXi?

Yah sorry, guess I should have mentioned it's a 2008 LXi and I bought it used.

I've tried it above 2000 rpm and still no heat.

It was tricky to figure out which hoses were the heater hoses and where they originate in the engine compartment.

Where would I find the jumper hose?

Do the heater hoses come off the exhaust manifold or up front near the thermostat?

Edited by 302Zapper

I just bought a used '09 Wakesetter VTX and have the same issue. Is it possible it's closed off when it was winterized?

The heater should use a 5/8" ID hose, leaving the engine from the intake manifold near the thermostat, and returning either near the top of the circulation pump or into a Y hose in the raw water intake.

On a 350 the hot line usually originates from the intake manifold, and the return line goes either to the engine water pump (not the raw water pump where your impeller resides), or sometimes on a malibu, an incorrectly installed Y pipe that's after the raw water pump (the one with the impeller). Once you know what you are looking for the hoses aren't hard to find. They should be the only 5/8" ID hoses on the engine (unless you also have a shower?), and are NOT the exhaust manifold crossover hoses (the ones that screw together) which are just there for draining/winterizing.

Here's a good pictorial description from the PCM engine manual (350s are pretty much 350s, whether it says PCM, Indmar, Ilmor or whatever on the plastic shroud):

pcm%20manual%202014_zpshtftpcsv.jpg