Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No electrical power at ALL

Need some help. Yesterday while on the lake heard a loud pop thru my stereo and lost all power from the battery. Nothing comes op...checked the fuses and none were tripped. It sounds as though a breaker other than the ones I checked tripped...where should I begin my search?

I don't have a perko switch (2000 Malibu Sunsetter)...I do have two batteries and traced the wires back to the engine and could not find a breaker. I have to tell you, I'm somewhat mechanically inclined but by far not close to an expert and usually end up fumbling my way around.

Right on...will do. One battery, main, runs the boat and the second strictly runs the stereo but is charged thru the primary. The second battery was installed when I had my stereo upgraded. I'm headed out to the marina to start this trouble shooting headache.

Right on...will do. One battery, main, runs the boat and the second strictly runs the stereo but is charged thru the primary. The second battery was installed when I had my stereo upgraded. I'm headed out to the marina to start this trouble shooting headache.

I'd be really curious to see how that is accomplished - is there an ACR or some sort of battery isolator?

I know some stereo shops will just tie the batteries together through a starter solenoid that's tied to the ignition. So batteries combine at key up, separate at key off.

I know some stereo shops will just tie the batteries together through a starter solenoid that's tied to the ignition. So batteries combine at key up, separate at key off.

So if one battery is internally shorted then it combines them and kills the other everytime the boat is keyed up?

So if one battery is internally shorted then it combines them and kills the other everytime the boat is keyed up?

yeah pretty much. A "dumb" isolator/combiner.