Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How bout a G4 Bimini Update?

alpensurf23

Just wondering if anybody heard anything new. I imagine the number of those wondering or even checking in with companies has grown... Malibu, Custom Sewing, Great Lakes, this is Houston, come in?

Here's what I know...

Commercial Sewing is working on a bracket / hardware that will allow the current CS slider bimini to work with the G4 (allowing it to fold all the way down). Supposedly, the new bracket can be retrofitted if you already have the CS slider.

I gave up waiting so I'm having my dealer install the CS Slider today (headed to Shasta next week so I needed something). I'll continue to patiently wait until the magic bracket comes out, but I'm losing faith. It's been a year since the G4 launched and we're still waiting for a proper bimini.

Great Lakes is MIA on this. I don't believe they are even on the 2016 option sheet anymore.

• Like 2

When I was in Loudon in April I visited CS/Apex and was told that there were products in the pipeline for a "beginning of July" release. I have to call them regarding another matter today so I'll ask about an update if I get someone on the phone.

I called Commercial Sewing/Apex and ended up leaving a message (again). Tomorrow I'll call the cell phone of one of the owners, a weeks worth of unreturned phone calls isn't acceptable.

Edited by mikeo
  • Like 2

Blows me away, still that the biimini ball was dropped for such an "innovation" by a company like Malibu. Would of thought this would of become a priority some time ago. Maybe they will buy majority interest in Banana Boat to capitalize.. Thanks for updates.

• 3 weeks later...