Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfing behind t22 vs t23

Gator808

T23 is better, not that the T22 is bad by any means. T23 just displaces more water for the wave, has a little bit better shape, and a little more volume. Both have long pockets when dialed in and both are great waves. If you are looking to purchase either, the T23 wins in every category in my opinion.

• Like 2

T23 is better, not that the T22 is bad by any means. T23 just displaces more water for the wave, has a little bit better shape, and a little more volume. Both have long pockets when dialed in and both are great waves. If you are looking to purchase either, the T23 wins in every category in my opinion.

The T23 is humongous. Don't you have to sack the snot out of it to get a good wave?

That would be a negative for me even if the wave is better when sacked out

The T23 is humongous. Don't you have to sack the snot out of it to get a good wave?

That would be a negative for me even if the wave is better when sacked out

For what it's worth, the T23 is listed at 4,200lbs, which is 300 lbs. lighter than the LSV.

No extra sacks required for the T23 other than sacks that fit in the PNP compartments to make a big wave. You don't need floor sacks or extra small sacks under seats that were meant for storage.

No extra sacks required for the T23 other than sacks that fit in the PNP compartments to make a big wave. You don't need floor sacks or extra small sacks under seats that were meant for storage.

If you put the 650 under the Bow, what size would you put in the rear if you didn't want to add sacs other than the PNP?

If you put the 650 under the Bow, what size would you put in the rear if you didn't want to add sacs other than the PNP?

900-1100's is what the best wave I've seen. I always say to put in the biggest you can get in there because you don't have to fill them full all the time but when it's just a couple people in your crew you have the ballast space. You can't fill what you don't have if you only go 600-750. Seen the wave behind one with 1100's and the wave was huge, clean, and slightly bigger than my A24 wave with a little bit more lip Edited by AJWest

900-1100's is what the best wave I've seen. I always say to put in the biggest you can get in there because you don't have to fill them full all the time but when it's just a couple people in your crew you have the ballast space. You can't fill what you don't have if you only go 600-750. Seen the wave behind one with 1100's and the wave was huge, clean, and slightly bigger than my A24 wave with a little bit more lip

Will the 900-1100's cause too much weight in the rear requiring additional sacs on the floor or seats to balance the bow? or is just the 650 in the bow PNP enough to give appropriate balance from bow to rears?