Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Punch remote level not working

2008vlx

Hi all,

with my new 22 VLX i have ordered an subwoofer. The punch EQ potentiometer has no effect. It is connected to PLC-IN on the amp, has a blue light on, but has no effect on the sub level. Am i missing something in the settings to have it work properly?

Thank's for your answer and ride free.

Double check the SUbwoofer amp, open the small panel up via the small allen wrench screws, there will be a sticker on the amp knobs saying VOID IF removed. Your going to have to remove the sticker and look at the PUNCH level knob on the amp and adjust it. All of the Fosgate amps on the new boats come virtually at 15% power or less. They have to be adjusted to get ANY form of reasonable power to the speakers. Its pretty ridiculous the dealerships dont have it halfway decently tuned upon delivery.

Double check the SUbwoofer amp, open the small panel up via the small allen wrench screws, there will be a sticker on the amp knobs saying VOID IF removed. Your going to have to remove the sticker and look at the PUNCH level knob on the amp and adjust it. All of the Fosgate amps on the new boats come virtually at 15% power or less. They have to be adjusted to get ANY form of reasonable power to the speakers. Its pretty ridiculous the dealerships dont have it halfway decently tuned upon delivery.

Ok tanks, i Will Check this week-end

Weekend update:

I was the x-over switch that was set to AP. Have set it to LP and have also adjust le PUNCH level knob to gain a little more PUNCH. Not it works fine. Do the guys at the factory know what they are doing when they install the stereo? I am also asking me how those boats pass the quality control and get out of the factory with all those problem (it's now my eighth malibu and i know a lot about problem with new boats).

Once again thank you for your help.

Edited by 2008vlx

Awesome! Glad it worked. I'm finding a ton of little quarks that need to be fixed with my brand new boat. Nothing crazy but still, all these little things happening are adding to my frustration and the stereo is a big one for me. Have fun out there.