Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yakima river wa riding

aryder

Any of the PNW riders have any recommendations on where to ride east of the mountains? Looks like the closest launch on a river is on the Yakima river near umptanum. Anybody ever ride over there?

(Is this where this kind of thread goes?)

Tons of lakes in Easten wa!!! All depends on how far you want to go. Roosevelt, banks, chelan, Moses, vantage area, crescent bar, peteros, entiat. just a few to name. The all have the drawbacks but what lake doesn't?

What he said! I know down here by the mouth of the Yak it can be pretty nasty due to cow farms upriver. All the Columbia dam lakes are nice in their own ways. The river stretches can be prop killers, but are ok if you get to know em.

Banks Lake, Roosevelt, Wanapum, Crescent Bar, Desert Aire, Lyons Ferry, Charbonneau, or FishHook are some of my favorites. A little further east, Coeur d'Alene or Pend O'reille.

My favorite place to ride east of the hump is the Spokane River where it meets Roosevelt. Water is warm (last year 82) and it is always easy to find somewhere without a lot of traffic. We also love Lake Coeur d'Alene. Will be heading there for 10 days at the beginning of July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by jdchutchinsonA24

Banks Lake, Roosevelt, Wanapum, Crescent Bar, Desert Aire, Lyons Ferry, Charbonneau, or FishHook are some of my favorites. A little further east, Coeur d'Alene or Pend O'reille.

Yes - I rode out at Desert Aire not too long ago and it was awesome. Minus the bent prop would have been a perfect trip. Looks like that might be the furthest west location to do river riding.