Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast pumps won't fill 2008 lsv Malibu

Jasonshallenberger

I recently took my boat out and the left and right pumps will not fill. They say they are on just like the others which work but I cannot hear them running and for that matter am not sure which ones are the left and right or where they are located. Not sure if pumps are bad or impellers have debris in them or fuse or what. Help! Just took out for first time after winter and all worked fine before putting away. 2008 lsv wake setter.

The fill pumps for port and starboard rear tanks are located by the transmission. Pull out the tray under the center cushion and you should see them. Turn them on and put your hand on top and you should feel them running. If not, check fuses under dash.

we tore our boat apart on the ramp this spring cause we couldn't get ours to work either... come to find out.. stupid fuses kept blowing! Now its all worked out. dont pull a us, and not check fuses...

Edited by ciciwaken

Thanks sounds like fuses are the culprit. Now the question is-are these located under the dash somewhere and if so are they a normal fuse? I live an hour from the lake and want to come prepared with the right fuses. Thanks a million for the help.

yep like most have already said. black box cover like 8 inches by 4 inches. We went out and bought a fuses checker, keep it in the boat and extra fuses..

Edited by ciciwaken