Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fat sac filling up on its own

mgb1974

I replaced my rear locker hard tanks with 750lb fat sacs using the wakemakers tank buster kit.

My driver side tank is filling up on its own. The other side doesn't seem to fill up on its own.

Anybody run into this before and what was the fix?

And this is a problem because?

You are pushing water up past your pump, try adding a loop to the fill line that takes it higher than the water line.

And this is a problem because?

You are pushing water up past your pump, try adding a loop to the fill line that takes it higher than the water line.

Ha well just cruising around I don't want the bags filling up.

Where is a good place to pick up a anti siphon valve?

I installed 1"anti siphon loops on both my rear locker bags and one up front when I upgraded to individual 1100 shurflo pumps. This was the best highest spot I could find. Wakemakers.com

post-927-0-82839400-1433900741_thumb.jpg

Edited by cherry ride
  • 2 months later...

So the same aerator pump is leaking out water also. I pull the boat on the trailer and water pours out the fill hole.

Could this be a bad aerator pump? I've never take one apart so don't know what's in them.

So the same aerator pump is leaking out water also. I pull the boat on the trailer and water pours out the fill hole.

Could this be a bad aerator pump? I've never take one apart so don't know what's in them.

I have the exact problem. I criss crossed the drain lines & that solved that problem. As for filling, I just shut off the fill valves after filling, cause they will drain from there while under way just like they fill from there. Next boat is getting johnson reversible pumps

Edited by racer808