Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No power to Amps...Please help

Rdubinciden1

I am not getting power to my amps and I cant figure out whats wrong. The picture below shows how I have hooked up the power. Can someone please tell me if something is wrong. Also, Should I run the pos and ground from the WS420 to the distribution blocks?

IMG_4348.jpg

Edited by Rdubinciden1

Couple of things:

1) Do you not have 12V on the power/ground wires going into the amp, or are the amps just not coming on?

2) I'm not positive about the WS, but I'm pretty sure the remote lead on the EQ is an input not an output. You should run the remote lead from the HU to the amps and EQ. I would recommend a distribution block and/or a relay, but it's not necessary.

3) Is that an accurate drawing of how your battery switch is wired? If so you always have the batteries combined, which I doubt is your intent.

And in my opinion you should also have fuses on the power leads for the amps, not just on the power wire going to your distribution block.

Couple of things:

1) Do you not have 12V on the power/ground wires going into the amp, or are the amps just not coming on?

2) I'm not positive about the WS, but I'm pretty sure the remote lead on the EQ is an input not an output. You should run the remote lead from the HU to the amps and EQ. I would recommend a distribution block and/or a relay, but it's not necessary.

3) Is that an accurate drawing of how your battery switch is wired? If so you always have the batteries combined, which I doubt is your intent.

1. The amps are not coming on at all

2.thanks. ill try that.

3. Yes, it has 2 positions "on" and "combine" it looks like this... the back side has 4 connectors. 2 connections say "1" and the other 2 connections say "2". Should I look at a different Perko?

%5Clarge%5Ctn_ebs-5511e.jpg

I bypassed my soggy under the arm rest head unit this year by running the small constant on wire that triggers the amps to come on from the stereo on/off switch. Where is that wire on your diagram?

That switch is fine. Did you edit your drawing, or was did I just not look at it right. The way you are showing it now, the batteries are not always combined, but there is no way to disconnect the stereo load from the battery. You should have your house battery cable on post 1a, your house load cable on 1b, your stereo battery cable on post 2a, and your stereo load cable on post 2b.

So it should look something like this:

post-28780-0-98449700-1433857340_thumb.j

I bypassed my soggy under the arm rest head unit this year by running the small constant on wire that triggers the amps to come on from the stereo on/off switch. Where is that wire on your diagram?

This method works too. You just need a switched 12V source going into the amps and EQ remote port. When 12V is applied to this port, it tells the device to turn on and draw power from the heavier gauged power wire that always has voltage. When no voltage is applied to the remote port the device will turn off. The head unit remote wire is just nice to use because it is automatic.

I assume you have power and ground wires to the EQ as well. Your drawing does not show that. Make sure you run those wires from the same distribution blocks your amps are running off- in other words do not grab power from some other source under the helm. If you do you will be sure to get unwanted noise.

1. The amps are not coming on at all

2.thanks. ill try that.

3. Yes, it has 2 positions "on" and "combine" it looks like this... the back side has 4 connectors. 2 connections say "1" and the other 2 connections say "2". Should I look at a different Perko?

%5Clarge%5Ctn_ebs-5511e.jpg

You should not be trying to wire the switch like Perko. Thats a Blue Sea brand switch, specifically the Dual Circuit Plus switch. You original diagram is improper regarding the battery cable, amp trunk line and main engine cable. The EQ has a turn-on input that needs triggered same as the amp, its not an output. Cannot determine this from the drawing, so just wanted to mention it.

Got the power to amps and ws420 last night! Thanks a lot everyone!

Now i just need to figure out why the tower speakers and sub woofer weren't puting any sound out and the ws420 was not controlling anything... ha, Newbie problems i guess

Edited by Rdubinciden1

Are you using the aux input on the WS420? I plugged my aux into the microphone plug once. That really mixes up the controls.

yes, i have a RCA to male 3.5 running from aux input to a Exile BT

Edited by Rdubinciden1

yes, i have a RCA to male 3.5 running from aux input to a Exile BT

I am confused on how this is connected. I recently added a BT to the WS. My connections is:

Blue tooth----->3.5 Male cord------>into the back of the WS420 (flush on back of the WS) then switch the lever on the front to aux input

When I connected the Blue Tooth to the microphone input hanging off the back of the WS, thats where I had issues similar to what you are describing.

I have gotten everything installed correctly now but I have the dreaded ground static noise and 3 out of the 4 cabin speakers do not appear to be receiving enough power. the one cabin speaker is much louder then the other three. Any thoughts on the cabin speaker issue?

Edited by Rdubinciden1