Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Filler neck strainer?

I hate those things! Had them on utility equipment to help keep sand and other debris out, but you have to trickle fill the tank. Takes 5 minutes to get a gallon in. If you want to try one you could probably get it at Farm and Fleet, landscape/mower equipment supply shop, maybe a auto parts store.

I hate those things! Had them on utility equipment to help keep sand and other debris out, but you have to trickle fill the tank. Takes 5 minutes to get a gallon in. If you want to try one you could probably get it at Farm and Fleet, landscape/mower equipment supply shop, maybe a auto parts store.

Why would you have to trickle fill?

A better option is probably a funnel with a built in screen. I use one and it works great, normal fill rate.

I have a funnel with a screen, I just want to be lazy and not have to bring it with!

Why does your fuel have debris in it? Every gas pump I've ever seen has an external filter on it and I've never strained the fuel into my truck.

I never said it had debris in it, I just would like to add an extra level of prevention. You know because redundancy.

Why would you have to trickle fill?

I have a funnel with a screen, I just want to be lazy and not have to bring it with!

The screen I was putting fuel through in the tank had such fine mesh the gas would not flow through as fast as the nozzle would fill so it would back up and shut off nozzle or overflow everywhere.

I don't think that type of strainer will catch anything that your fuel filter won't catch. I suppose if your fuel source has fine metal particles or other debris in it (which I have seen), this type of strainer would keep them out of your tank.

But again, you already have a fuel filter to take care of these things before they get to your engine.