Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23LSV: Lift Bunk Widths?

cashito

Trying to figure out where to put my lift bunks. I measured the ones on trailer.

The interior bunks are 2x6 with 23" inside distance and 34" outside (they are angled).

If I set the bunks to 23" inside that seems pretty close to prop, sensors, etc.

Wondering what width to set the bunks?

Skipdawg316

I just went through this with a new lift. My original plan was to set at 22" inside as to your point looked like the right way to go.

I used it for a few days and realized that I was dinging the paddle wheel. As well sometimes the flat sensor was on top of the bunk (probably ok, but sticks out a bit so would have pressure on it). Sometimes I got it dead on, but most of the time a wave or wind would throw me off slightly causes me to be about an inch or so off. I decided I need a more forgiving set up.

In the end I went to about 37" or 38" inside so each of the bunks were just inside the strakes. Much easier now and the like ft "catches" the boat a lot better now. It's totally stable and probably better as slightly wider stance.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also just went through this. Old setup on my lift was for a 08 vride. We had to set the bunks 38" apart, inside to inside edge and we had to upgrade the swing arms on the lift so it would drop lower in the water. Even though the draft is only 3" deeper by spec, the lift had to be dropped more than that.

Augie I was actually stalking your posts and used the image you made. I decided to try 38" outside width and see how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...

Augie I was actually stalking your posts and used the image you made. I decided to try 38" outside width and see how it goes!

So you put the bunks just inside as viewed from the transom the strakes?

I measured our boat that is being delivered this week and the strakes(?) are about 45" apart when viewed from the transom. The rear bunks of trailer sit outside of these but the front bunks are inside these. I only have one set of bunks on life so I either need to go inside or outside. My dealer advised inside. Makes me alittle nervous with the paddlewheel.

Any other thoughts ?