Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lenco actuator replacement on 2010's VTX/Module

Till Debt do Us ParT

Hey all, I am replacing the faulty lenco actuators for the power wedge on my 2010 VTX. I had to buy a kit from Malibu that included a new module to control them. I completed the mechanical change out but I cannot for the life of me find the old lenco module? has anyone done this and know where it is? its not visible under the dash.

post-27116-0-07602900-1433797215_thumb.j

It should be mounted under the dash normally very easy to see its like a

6in x 4in box that say lenco on it. Though the early 2010 boats did not have lenco control boxes all control was done by the power module the big box under the dash that has all the fuses in it. Does your wedge have a postion sensor on in? It would be about 2in round black sensor mounted on the wedge were the foil bolts to the transom bracket if you have a sensor you will not have a lenco control box

I am having the same issue. Yes I have a round sensor on the wedge. What do I need to replace if I don't have a lenco box? Or can I just add a lenco box to the system?

Apparently I have the early 2010 model. I get the feeling I have the wrong part.

post-27116-0-16070100-1433855548_thumb.j

alright so I just got done talking with the dealer. they confirmed with Malibu that if you have the higher end screen on the 2010 (that was made earlier in the year) you don't need the lenco controller. you should just be able to hook up the 5 lobe actuators and calibrate it using the software.

im not entirely sure outside the FACT that I overpaid at the dealer. the "kit" that had the control module and the two actuators was 1300.00. the dealer is giving me a credit back (they haven't told me the number yet) but I took the liberty of looking up the module, I saw it on a web site for just under $400.00. I get the feeling it was more like $600.00 at the dealer. The actuators would be about 350 ea. in that scenario; I saw ones on amazon for 200ish. I suddenly have a hankering for a manual wedge.

Out of curiosity - how much was the new lenco controller?

I imagine that eventually this will be an expense that I'll have to incur. :/

I don't think you have a controller (see post #2) but the question is will the newer 5 lobes work in place of the older 3 lobes that we have....I believe they will but haven't confirmed that yet.

I don't think you have a controller (see post #2) but the question is will the newer 5 lobes work in place of the older 3 lobes that we have....I believe they will but haven't confirmed that yet.

True, I guess I don't have a "controller." But I do have a nice little black box that everything is routed through under the dash. It liked beeping at me randomly the other weekend, (loose battery connection was the culprit) so that's the only reason I know specifically which one it is.

Wonder how we find out of the 5 lobes will successfully replace the 3 lobes, other than some poor sap on here ordering a set and spending a couple hours swapping them out?

unfortunately that sap is going to be me. I will let you know. I will be on the water tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hate to admit it but......That poor sap was me two weeks ago. I have not gotten them to work properly yet. I have been in touch with the service manager at the local dealer and he has given me some ideas that he thinks will work. Says I don't need to replace any control module. I just need to get the wedge in the down position so I can calibrate it. Since it will not move down with the push of the button, I need to either "jump" the wires to make them work or unbolt them from the wedge and twist them back in manually. When it is down then I have to make sure the sensor is reading the correct numerical value anywhere from 5 to 8 (this number is found in the setup menu I am told). If it does not read that then I need to loosen the sensor, adjust it and re-tighten. Then it should be calibrated.......I hope. Sounds easy enough, I just hope this works because I am getting a little sick of messing with it. If not, I think I will go without it for the year and have the dealer fix it when it is in for winterization.

I think he was referring to the OP being a local buddy. Minnesota Golden Gophers all the way Ndawg!!! You are welcome for the actuators!

:cheers:

I think he was referring to the OP being a local buddy. Minnesota Golden Gophers all the way Ndawg!!! You are welcome for the actuators!

:cheers:

Thanks, I bought his too :thumbup: A couple B1G hookups!!!

Sweet. What do you do with all those old ones? Fix and sell? Oh......I see what you did there B1G ten!

Edited by Skin2Win

Hmmm, it is tough being an Ohio State fan...the jumping for joy makes my legs tired. Thanks for the warm welcome Deck Hand. Im happy I joined up already. seems like a real good community.

You had ooooooone gooooood year..... with an old SEC coach....... and you're all "THE OSU is back."

*cracks knuckles*

Yall better get ready for 2015. They circle you on the calendar and life is rough the year after. lol

Hate to admit it but......That poor sap was me two weeks ago. I have not gotten them to work properly yet. I have been in touch with the service manager at the local dealer and he has given me some ideas that he thinks will work. Says I don't need to replace any control module. I just need to get the wedge in the down position so I can calibrate it. Since it will not move down with the push of the button, I need to either "jump" the wires to make them work or unbolt them from the wedge and twist them back in manually. When it is down then I have to make sure the sensor is reading the correct numerical value anywhere from 5 to 8 (this number is found in the setup menu I am told). If it does not read that then I need to loosen the sensor, adjust it and re-tighten. Then it should be calibrated.......I hope. Sounds easy enough, I just hope this works because I am getting a little sick of messing with it. If not, I think I will go without it for the year and have the dealer fix it when it is in for winterization.

OK, back on topic and getting away from the fact that the Big 10 still sucks. ;)

Seriously though, this isn't encouraging news. :/

Where do you get to a "setup menu?" I'm on an old '06, so I don't think I have the option for that.

Sweet. What do you do with all those old ones? Fix and sell? Oh......I see what you did there B1G ten!

Yeah I tear them apart, clean the motor, seals, re-grease, add some extra sealant and re-assemble. Running 2 re-furbs on my gates right now with no issues yet. I don't re-sell them because most people would want them for their wedges and unless travel times are exact on both actuators you'll get binding and eventually wreck both actuators, I can't guarantee that. I'll try it on my own some day but not anyone elses.

Lets secretly make this the new 2015 college football thread so that 85 Barefoot and -BS- don't overtake it with their countless dissertations backed by hours of research :biggrin:

• Like 3

The setup menu is in the Maliview screen that I have on the 09. It won't be on your 06, there is a different way in going through that screen to calibrate that I have no clue on.

The setup menu is in the Maliview screen that I have on the 09. It won't be on your 06, there is a different way in going through that screen to calibrate that I have no clue on.

I doubt I even have that option. I bet it's just "lick your fingers, hold it up to gauge the wind and then close one eye, like you've been drinking all afternoon."

I'm down for the 2015 College Football thread. I'm an Auburn and SEC fan, we don't use science and research, we just talk mad trash and then show up in bowl season beat up to hell and back. lol

You had ooooooone gooooood year..... with an old SEC coach....... and you're all "THE OSU is back."

*cracks knuckles*

Yall better get ready for 2015. They circle you on the calendar and life is rough the year after. lol

Come on one good year .....and you mean coached by a man who was born and raised In Ohio.

I think you are thinking about Auburn w the one good year.

Edited by Chrisjjbrown