Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bluetooth

Rmattajr

My local Malibu dealer installs the Roswell Cybox Bluetooth interface. Considering it, but haven't bought it yet.

I just installed my Exile Bluetooth EXBT4 today and all I can say is WOW. The sound quality and range on this is amazing.

This is a simple install..that only took a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might also consider the JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth receiver.

Newest 4.0 version.

2 volts stereo output.

Only $39 before forum discount.

Didn't I read you say on WW that voltage output doesn't matter on BT device?

Past a certain point the voltage output on a BT module shouldn't make any SQ difference what so ever. That seems like a smoke screen just to get the appearance of an advantage over the competition...

• Like 3

I have the Exile and am very happy with it. Great sound quality and range.

I tried the Millenium first and it is a piece of garbage. I went through three of them before calling it quits and going with the Exile.

do all of these still give you full controls thru the regular unit, or is volume only thru whatever device is connected?

The head-unit is still the master volume control, but the smart phone volume still works just like if you had headphones plugged into it. Some BT units, like the Wet Sounds BTCV, offer bi-direction communication for track skip. Others are more simple BT receivers that just pass the stream on to a main source like head-unit or EQ.

@ Wolfsburg04,

These units are universal units, so they can interface with most head-units, EQ's or amp direct.