Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Xti hard starting sometimes...fuel filter?

Not sure if this is a one or two filter system. Have the 390 Monsoon. Heard that one may be in gas tank? I sure hope not! Any ideas of the filter part #'s would be appreciated. Hoping the filter(s) just need to be replaced. Thank you

Chief, engine cranks over and almost starts. I try repeatedly and same thing. Take a 5 minute break and starts up in a couple seconds. This happened a couple times out at lake yesterday. Engine is fuel injected by the way. Since I have only had boat for a couple months, I am not sure when and if filters had been changed.

My boat is older, but it is a fuel injected monsoon II. I had similar cranking but not starting issues last year. You can borrow a fuel pressure gauge from most auto supply stores. I would probably check the fuel pressure. Look on the bakesonline.com resources tab and find the fuel pressure chart. If the fuel pressure is ok, then it may be the idle air controller.