Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1100 or 900 sacks for 2010?

Jonsey

I'm a new owner of a 2010 VLX. This weekend was my first time out with it and I definitely need more ballast for surfing. I am going to order some sacks for the rear lockers today and wanted to know what is working for everyone. I have all 4 stock tanks and a pwr. wedge. I'm looking at the 900's or 1100's from Wakemakers. I hear they offer crew members a discount, Does anyone know the code?

I believe you have to be a paid member to have access to discount codes. I'd imagine our lockers are similar sized and I suspect my 1100's don't fill much more than 900lbs....

I contacted wakemakers and it looks like the 900 sumo is the best maximum capacity fit bag for the vlx. I upgraded my membership and got the 10% off, pretty good deal. Any pointers on ballast setup and wedge for surfing port and starboard? Any advise would help.

Wedge two up from bottom, fill factory ballast except non surf side, add bow weight as needed depending on passengers, fill surf side 900, add tube sack under seats, add 500 lbs Bombwake.com or lead. 11.2-11.6 speed

Edited by WaBackcountry

In my '10 VLX I run 750lb sac and all full except non surf side. Extra people in front and wedge dialed on the fly, usually 2/3 clicks up. Both side surf great. Speed 10.8 - 11.4, depending on the surfer.

Edited by joxx12

I have the same boat.

I run 750s in the back with extra pumps.

You're gonna need weight in the front. As much weight as you can stand without taking water over the bow on a regular basis.

Check your propeller, you probably will need to upgrade it. It's a bit of a bummer to get all the ballast in and the boat won't get off plane.

Get a wicked wake surf.

Enjoy, you've got a great boat!