Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini Zipper a warrany ?

Stevo

Anyone know if the zipper on the Bimini would be a warranty claim?

One of the rear zippers has a couple broken teeth. The last few times we've been out when we put the Bimini out the broken teeth tend to spilt off each other on the one side, and we have to work at it to get the zipper handle through the spit section and re-start the zip.

20150607_144805_zpshsh4megn.jpg

Edited by Stevo

They'll contact CS or GL (which ever cover you have) and they'll make the decision to either have your dealer fix it (they may outsource it if they don't have a canvas guy) or replace.

The surf straps are little of pain, haven't seen one with the pockets, so I don't know on that one

I use my surf straps. I've actually learned to like them. I keep the straps loose enough where I can slide the boards under them without undoing the straps. Yet they are still snug enough to keep board from slipping out. Just slide boards in and slide them out. Super easy. No problems so far with mine.

My recent interaction on my (new) bimini was that Malibu was just passing info to the manufacturer (either CS/Apex or Great Lakes). I've cut out the middleman and am dealing directly with CS/Apex at this point.

My recent interaction on my (new) bimini was that Malibu was just passing info to the manufacturer (either CS/Apex or Great Lakes). I've cut out the middleman and am dealing directly with CS/Apex at this point.

i will see what my dealer comes back with, then go direct if needed

thanks