Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED interior Lights- Any suggestions?

mtnbkr738

Hi all,

I want to replace the stock interior cabin lights (98 Sunsetter) with LED lights....

seems like there are a million choices on Amazon.

Im not looking for cable lights or for my boat to look like a christmas tree...just looking for a nice classy LED Lights to replace the ones on the side panels that shine on the floor and give some ambient light.

Would be nice also to put some kind of floor lighting up in the open bow...but dont know what to do there either.

Any suggestions? Any thoughts??

thx!!

http://www.amazon.com/Partsam4pcs-DE3022-DE3175-FESTOON-DE3021/dp/B00LL374Q8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1433766379&sr=8-10&keywords=led+bulb+festoon+28mm

Direct replacement in my 02 sunscape, i recently changed the bulbs for these. The light is a cool white instead of the warmer light the original bulbs made. They probably use about 1/10th of the energy, which is a plus..

Run a new string on a new circuit. I have both & there are times when you want LEDs & times when you want to find something lost in the boat.

That's what I did. I used 2 rolls of theses and just zip tied it under the gunwall.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DTOAXCE/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

Not a good picture, looks a lot better in person. The bright lines are a reflection off the side nets, not the light strips.

post-28780-0-85218100-1433769871_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hey jfish- thx for the photo...so even with the blue led...you feel its bright enough to walk around ... or is it still pretty dark?.... i know you said your pic was dark... your thoughts? thx

Definitely bright enough to walk around. It really lights up the whole interior. For the price it was a cheap gamble and I am very happy with it.

Yea, my lights are not quite that bright, but it's still plenty to see your way around. But the funky blue light is hard to see colors, so searching for a phone or car keys can be a challenge. So having the regular lights to clean up is necessary for us. Oh, and my transom lights are on the same circuit as the interior LEDs.

CIMG1072.jpg

CIMG1071.jpg

Yeah differentiating between colors in the blue light is tough, so I would keep your existing lights and put them on separate switches. You can run either/or, or both.

That looks sweet dalt. Can you post a daylight pic showing how you mounted that?

5BF7B990-0F59-41B7-82A0-F82997135473_zpsDouble face 3m tape holding to the fiberglass strip between floor and wall carpet. Will get pic of them attached later.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...