Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No start issue

2010 LSV 350 Monsoon. Batteries 12.9 V each, non running voltage on the Malivue shows 12.8. Starter relay clicks when key is engaged, fuel pump spins up. Safety lanyard works as designed, ignition switch works in associated positions. Multi-meter checked all fuses including the 40A master all checked out. No active engine faults and all accessories work in the "KEY RUN" position. Turn the key to the run position and the buzzer comes on like normal, turn the key to start it and the dash power appears to shut off.

Anomalies: Had intermittent issues with the front MUX switches and found the rear MUX switch with a broken wire at the MUX, fixed it and it works fine. All 3 MUX switches are dead unless the key is turned to RUN position. Normally when you push on the MUX switches they all come on, not now and you can't use even the horn in the KEY OFF position. While looking into the Medallion Box I noticed the glow of a red blinking light coming from under the fuse/circuit board and reflecting off the inside of the box. I have never noticed it before. Out of of guesses on this one any help will be greatly appreciated.

The one thing I forgot to mention. The posts are shiny with terminal grease on them. The MUX switches pixelate on the bottom of the screens before they come on which is new. Before they lit up and then popped right on.

Edited by wdr

Was dry and shiny originally and I recleamed and applied the terminal grease afterwards. I've got to beleive that the MUX switches are some how the culprit, but that doesn't make any sense IRT it not starting. I am going to leave it on the charger overnight and and retrace everything tomorrow. I would really like to figure this out w/o going without a boat for a month or better if I have to take it to the dealer.

Just last month my battery decided to give up all of a sudden. It showed about 12.8 volts at rest, but would sink to around 5.5 or so when I hit the starter. It had started the engine at least ten times already that morning, but left us floating after it died.

Try another battery. If that isn't it, it's time to rebuild your starter.

Starter is basically brand new as is the solenoid, plus a bad starter would not cause the dash to shut off when I try to start it. BICBW. On the face of it my first guess was a bad battery because the system shuts off the non essentials first, which in the past has been the MUX switches. That being the case when I combine both of the batteries, I should get enough voltage to start it, unless of course both batteries were bad. Possible, but not probable the batteries are isolated and never combined to run my stereo and I religiously plug in the charger after every outing. All the signs point to a bad battery, I am going to pull them off and see if they discharge on me which will pretty much be the smoking gun!

A bad starter can pull enough current to brown out the dash. Anyway, I would start diagnosing with a known good battery. After I got back home, I used the one from my truck.

Finally figured it out. In the process of upgrading the stereo system I unintentionally created a constant draw on the electrical system. Couple that with the teenagers, Rev-10s, a SYN-4, a 420 and a sketchy electrical path and you loose a day surfing. Thanks for all of the suggestions and I am sorry if I wasted anyone's time.