Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

At Lake Anna. What should we see/do?

mlmc3475

Just got to lake Anna yesterday from Pennsylvania. Is there any place we should go to see? Where to eat? We have been to Tim river shore on our last trip here.

I like to try and get to Anna Cabana. Haven't been there this season yet, but their Crab Cakes are usually good, Very little filling.

If you're looking for more of a local bar/pub food, The No Wake Zone is good. Not much to get to by water.

Food:

No Wake Zone/LakeView - Great outdoor bar/restaurant - Peel and eat shrimp here is our favorite

Tim's @the Lake - I prefer the Tim's on the Potomac river, but this is a good place to grab a drink/dinner

Anna Cabana - I've heard it's hit or miss, we're going to give it a shot this summer

To Do:

Stop over at Wake Edgers and check out the board shop, rent a paddle board and go for a ride and then grab an ice cream at the place next to them and play some volleyball at the court there.

On the water, head up to the "Bahamas", there is an in water volleyball court on a sandbar there, and lots of folks raft up and hang out and bbq on the sand bar.

Enjoy!

We went to Anna Cabannas yesterday. The pizza and the atmosphere was great. 2manyhobbies you decribed our day yesterday. After Anna's we went to the boardwalk got beer ice cream and checked out wake edgers. Played volleyball on land them moved to the sandbar volleyball. We are in a blue/orange vride.(Florida gator colors). Going to have a surf lesson with wake 540 today and eat at Tims for dinner. Going to check out the surf comp later in the week.

• Like 1

Sandbar was kinda dead when I got out there Sunday, saw nyryan and a few others. It is just north of Tim's. Nice shallow area to anchor up and hang out.

edit: at the south end there is "the islands" same concept but a little more laid back. Sandbar gets fun around the holidays if you know what I mean.

Edited by mountaineerhill
  • Like 1

First Malibu owner with a G3 tower to track me down while I'm in my boat gets the Malibu branded Allen wrench for the G3 knobs, new condition.... Ended up getting transferred from boat to boat since my 247.

I should be between there and the races.... You?

Possibly, I am headed down tonight, not sure if I'm going to make it out tomorrow in time or not because of my work schedule.... Hopefully though :)

what time does it get busy down there for the races?

I'll be racing my truck Friday night and wont get the boat down to the lake until early Saturday morning. Trying to get someone to save me a spot but we'll see..

Don't worry about having room, there's plenty. You'll need an anchor to the front and a line to a T bar or corkscrew to the rear to secure your boat. in a few spots centered in front of his house he has 4"x4" beams to tie the stern off to. kinda muddier bottom there FYI.

***** Warning******

It gets very shallow in and around the approach to Jack's house where the races are held as you come off the main channel.... in areas you'd think it'd be deeper. water is approx. 6" higher now than it was last year..so it shouldn't be too bad.... but recommend you follow another boat in and go super slow. the south side of the entrance to his lot... between the islands, roughly front diagonal to the main line of boats as you enter... was 2ft deep last year.

Edited by nyryan2001
  • Like 1