Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I'm ordering a 2015 f150 Monday, help please!

MIKEnNC

Big question, and maybe I missed it. Did the op actually order an f150?

Yes I did, tracking the build on cotus website and shows delivery should be aug 2

I'd reasearch some of the first model year issues being identfied before you take delivery. Nothing major (imo), but stuff i want fixed on $60+ truck. Overall, absolutely love mine.

I'd reasearch some of the first model year issues being identfied before you take delivery. Nothing major (imo), but stuff i want fixed on $60+ truck. Overall, absolutely love mine.

thanks for the heads up, u care to elaborate or give me any tips? I sure would appreciate it

Again, minor and depending on options:

- AC seats limited cooling in the back; some actually heat up

- Rear center arm rest does not close completely

- Waves in the rain rail on top of the cab

- Dynamic cruise control not calibrated; unexpectedly brakes when passing semis

I've had number 2 and 4 above, but all are common complaints on the internet.

The key point here is that you should have bought a GMC instead.

It is intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers.

I had 2 GMC Yukon Denali's from '07 until May this year (both bought new), and can say the Ford (Platinum at least) is a much nicer truck. I'm not a fan boy of either brand, and really wish a BMW SUV could pull my 23 LSV.

I had 2 GMC Yukon Denali's from '07 until May this year (both bought new), and can say the Ford (Platinum at least) is a much nicer truck. I'm not a fan boy of either brand, and really wish a BMW SUV could pull my 23 LSV.

The x7 is coming

I know, but I doubt it will have the 'true' towing capacity needed. But definitely something I will be looking at.

And beyond that, will it have enough wheelbase to really make towing a big long load feel safe.

3.31 or 3.55 gears are not low enough for towing in my book. 4.10s are better, at least 3.73s.

Depends on the tire size, weight, terrain and your drivetrain 3.21's have been fine for my mostly 6k max loads and give pretty good highway mileage. But my truck had stock height tires 17" wheels on it and isn't lifted either.

Edited by oldjeep

Wow, I don't think any truck I've ever owned could get out of its own way with gears that high. I had a buddy with an old Firebird that did 140 mph with them, but not in a tow rig. :Doh:

Wow, I don't think any truck I've ever owned could get out of its own way with gears that high. I had a buddy with an old Firebird that did 140 mph with them, but not in a tow rig. :Doh:

I'm guessing that you have owned 5.3 powered rigs, next best thing to a V6 ;)

But in all seriousness, it helps that the newer transmissions have more gears and variable shift points in tow haul.

Edited by oldjeep
  • 1 month later...

Well i am just posting to the most recent F150 specific thread. I looked (didn't drive because of rush hour) 2015's today and wow, disappointing. So this had nothing to do with capacities and how they handle or drive. Here are my observations:

The front grills - all of them- look like cheap sh!# plastic crap. It's one thing to be made out of plastic, it's another to look like cheap plastic.

Speaking of plastic - the fake chrome trim all over the inside- blechh.

The whole dash design - uninspiring, nothing. It's non-offensive (except for the cheapie fake chrome), it produces no admiration of design or cool-factor.

Really small display on the ? XLT? vs. Lariat. Really? a 3" diagonal (or whatever it is) center consol montitor/display.

Chincy seat construction. Did not come off to me as "robust". More like hey, another place to shave some $$.

The whole deal with the front end dropped. What is that? The dealer had a truck with a "leveling kit" that raised the front 2" and added aftermarket tires and wheels. Stock the look reminds me of the car in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot when Clint and Jeff are picked up by that guy with the jacked up car routing his exhaust inside the car. And rabbits, I think he has rabbits in the car.

I really wanted to be blown away, but instead my reaction was "meh".

Sort of bummed, but on the other hand it is reinforcing the idea of keeping my 10 year old Armada a bit longer and getting an enclosed utility trailer for those pickup truck type chores.

Cheers

The reason there is a lot of thin plastic and cheap fake chrome is to keep weight down. Why build an aluminum truck and weight it back down with 200 pounds of chrome? That said I would rather do without the chrome any day. That's why I like the FX4 and STX packages because all of the would be chrome parts are painted to match the body.

I recently fell for the drive this one while we change the oil in your old one trick. The loaner 2016 F-150 Plati had automatic lower back and butt massagers built into the leather chairs. (activated by a button on the seat that makes the dash monitor display the seat massaging options.) Perfect relief for the ride home after roping cattle all day or in my case riding a desk chair all day.

How in the world can I get by without this?

• Like 2

I recently fell for the drive this one while we change the oil in your old one trick. The loaner 2016 F-150 Plati had automatic lower back and butt massagers built into the leather chairs. (activated by a button on the seat that makes the dash monitor display the seat massaging options.) Perfect relief for the ride home after roping cattle all day or in my case riding a desk chair all day.

How in the world can I get by without this?

This was the primary feature that sold my wife on getting one.

I've been highly impressed with my 2015 to date.

• Like 2

It's a truck, some people shouldn't own them.

They sit tail high because they are built to carry a load.

?? Weird post. So your first reply after my comment is a slam that I don't understand why they decided to "jack it up" in back and I shouldn't own a truck? WTF? I didn't realize pickup trucks were built to carry loads, thanks for that clarification.

The reason there is a lot of thin plastic and cheap fake chrome is to keep weight down. Why build an aluminum truck and weight it back down with 200 pounds of chrome? That said I would rather do without the chrome any day. That's why I like the FX4 and STX packages because all of the would be chrome parts are painted to match the body.

I get the weight deal. There is lots of plastic done out there that doesn't come off so cheesy looking though. All I am saying is that I my expectations were that I would be "wowed" just a little bit, not "meh".

Clearly you didn't seem to understand why all pickup trucks sit higher in the rear until some goober that should have bought a Honda decides to "level" them. The next step is installing bags when the goober realizes that their boat makes the truck sit nose high.

And I don't even particularly like f150's, but your complaints would be the same with any pickup.

Edited by oldjeep