Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bring Tapatalk back!

WaBackcountry

Hmmm... I've never had that happen. No autocorrevt whatsoever on my Tapatalk Maybe it's a setting you have checked? Could it be an IOS thing??

P.S. I misspelled autocorrect on purpose to make sure Tapatalk would post it.

I use a Droid.... 2 actually. But support about anything that comes in the door. It just seems there are more of a certain kind of user that take up more time. Tapatalk user problems are near the top of the list, in both iPhone and Droid.

Thanks for all the mods do. Knowing what it's like, I appreciate the dedication. And 10+ years of it too! :thumbup:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 1

Gain some understanding or keep throwing rocks, whatever you need to do.

I’ll tell you this, based on what I’ve seen here some of you are going to need to be put on suicide watch when we do the big upgrade. And I’m really only half kidding about that.

Seems like "Site Feedback and Support Forum" itself may be a bad idea.

• Like 2

I deleted tapatalk after WG's post to force myself to learn the mobile browser. On tapatalk there's an "unread" tab or section which just lists threads that have a posts you haven't read yet. You can open that thread to see the latest unread post or click a check mark that that then treats the last post in the thread as read without having to open it. Does the mobile browser have something similar? I just want to be able to check what's new (I.e. Unread) and skip the threads I'm uninterested in. All at the press of a single button. If someone can tell me how to do that, I suspect I'll survive this latest calamity to hit TMC. thanks

Edit: just re-downloaded tapatalk. Don't know how u mobile browser guys do it. Tapatalk is so much easier - hopefully I just need educated...

This for me too. See how it goes I guess. Although my wife will be happy if it means I'm not on here as much, but who cares. Some probably think my post count is too low to matter on the interwebs anyways...

Edited by Pointman99
  • Like 2

You know, one reason that I posted a very brief explanation earlier is that I believed that the reaction would be the same regardless of the level of detail that I provided. I still believe that, but even so here is the long version:

• We are preparing for a very large upgrade (probably this summer), and part of that preparation is to strip the site of third party plugins. Tapatalk qualifies, especially given that we have a viable alternative. Additionally, I am unsure of how well Tapatalk will work with the next version and want to prepare the community for the high probability of it not coming back.
  • Bill alluded to this earlier. Supporting and debugging Tapatalk is at best painful, and keeping it updated requires a lot more frequency than updating the forum software. I dont like to tell users Its a Tapatalk problem & not be able to do anything for them, yet thats the scenario if there is a problem.
  • My time. I am the one here that takes care of updates and patches and when I can find a way that 1) makes it easier to keep the site secure & up to date, 2) allows me to spend less time doing it & 3) not remove basic functionality, then I am going to do it. It is MY time that I am GIVING to you freely & Ill make no apologies for trying to get some of it back.
Now, I mentioned a large update that we have coming. One of the big things that is part of that update is responsive web design. In short, this means that there will be no mobile skin & that the main site skin will scale appropriately depending on the device. Think about what that means in the context of all of the complaints about Tapatalk doesnt have XYZ or the mobile skin doesnt have ABC.this will give you access to everything.

So, theres the long version. Take what you want from it. Gain some understanding or keep throwing rocks, whatever you need to do. If you want to discuss this further with me, you'll have to do it via pm because I don't have the time right now to keep up with this thread.

Ill tell you this, based on what Ive seen here some of you are going to need to be put on suicide watch when we do the big upgrade. And Im really only half kidding about that.

"Thumbs up" however that's done.

Yeah IXFE. I get ya on the feedback thing. Truly. It's just that your Costco analogy doesn't really hold water with me. Why? Because Costco makes billions. And so does Nabisco.

I like my boating analogy better :lol: and WG has been yanking this tube, with me...you...the rest of the PNW Girl Scouts, and a multitude of others on board up and down this river for years....... for free..... on her own time....... in her boat. So when she decides to stop supplying the orange slices and juice boxes too? I'll cut her some slack, regardless of whether I enjoyed orange slices or preferred mint Oreos..... :)

• Like 4

Having a forum can be easy, HAVING A GREAT FORUM, TAKES HARD WORK.

Please reread the above sentence, before you disagree.

Tapatalk is nice, but it is a plugin. Plugins can usually be a real pain.

WakeGirl:

Good luck on the upgrade and make sure you get to ski/wakeboard first before you take the time for the upgrade. Spending all the time here an not enjoying the water would by a sin.

I get that running a forum is a lot of work,, what I am not geting is why people put in long hours for free to keep it running.

This has to be the only site on the internet that is not created with the intent of producing revenue.

Good on everyone for donating so much of your time so we can help Afun buy a new captains hat, (I like it BTW).

Most sites try to drive as much traffic to their site as possible using all means possible, but I can see that with this business model, that is not necessarily the priority.

This site is not owned by the users and the owners are free to make whatever decisions they want about their site. If this decision costs the site some members, well, let's just say it wouldn't be the first time..

IMO, If you don't have a revenue base to afford paying some costs that will help drive traffic to the site, you will lose traffic and possibly create an opening for competitive sites to steal even more members.

• Like 2

I tried tapatalk for a while, but now i just use the mobile version of this site. The mobile site works great and does everything I need to do. It is super clean too

I have a ideal. Lets ask the mods how many supporting (paying) members it will take to turn tapatalk back on. I know I will pay and I sure others would too. Lets come together as a group and support the ones that allow us to chat and keep up with the industry.

Edited by ktrent
  • Like 2

so how do you post a pic with the mobile version?

Same way you would with tapatalk if your using a site to host. If you weren't before, you will be now.

How do I get emoji's on the mobile site???

I am not a fan of the loss of Tap talk. The mobile site is brutal and the full version on your phone is too much. I am sure Lance will jump out of the woods launching spears with fire tips telling me my flip phone will just need to deal with it but that is my take on this fiasco.

How will I be able to carry my bags of milk and check this site at the same time.

I agree w IXFE step back........ Seems like I need a mouse and a key board now.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

What do you guys not like about the mobile site? It is basically the same, sure the colors are different, but you can still get to your messages, unread threads, and all of the forums just as you could with tap talk? Plus I haven't had it crash or do something stupid in the past few weeks of using it...

And WG said they were launching updates to change the mobile site.

Personally, I prefer tapatalk support. I can only log in using the full site.

Not questioning, but just curious as to why the major site overhaul. Is there added functionality or expanded mobile support? Seems like there might be less (no 3rd party).