Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bring Tapatalk back!

WaBackcountry

You struggle with copy/paste?

I never had a problem with copy paste in the mobile browser or the PC browser. But when Tapatalk does whatever spellcheck or corrections to whatever link I posted, I had a problem with it.

Practice a tiny bit of humility people. Your not the person directing this FREE website. You haven't donated countless hours to make it work. Your lucky to have the admins you do.

Instead your slapping them in the face.

"slap in the face"? to say please keep this feature? Clearly some people do value it.

Spending some time in the mobile browser edition. Here are my initial impressions...

* Pages seem to load a bit slower

* No notifications sent to my phone for liked or quoted posts or even PM's.

* Doesn't display who or how many people have liked a post

* No like button for when I want to like another's post.

*Can't go from the last page of a thread to the first page (or any page for that matter) with just one click... have to press "previous" button repeatedly.

* Don't see how to quote multiple posts in one reply.

* And the biggest missing feature... now I can't have all forums consolidated in one app giving them all the same navigation, look, and feel.

One advantage I did find... on the mobile version you can delete your posts (never could find that on Tapatalk)

These are just initial findings. Maybe there are fixes for some of them.

I'm using a Samsung Note 4, if that matters.

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1

I think the site is big enough where the MODS seem to have their hands full. It sounds like TapTalk may add more to the burden. I say bring on more moderators to help each other out. I know I have drive and passion to be one....New Sheriff in town..

Screw Tapatalk...I want Afun to be a moderator! First time he has to put himself in time out will be a 100 page thread for the ages.

I never had a problem with copy paste in the mobile browser or the PC browser. But when Tapatalk does whatever spellcheck or corrections to whatever link I posted, I had a problem with it.

Hmmm... I've never had that happen. No autocorrevt whatsoever on my Tapatalk Maybe it's a setting you have checked? Could it be an IOS thing??

P.S. I misspelled autocorrect on purpose to make sure Tapatalk would post it.

I think the site is big enough where the MODS seem to have their hands full. It sounds like TapTalk may add more to the burden. I say bring on more moderators to help each other out. I know I have drive and passion to be one....New Sheriff in town..

Maybe they do have their hands full. And maybe Tapatalk support is more work for them. We'll never know cuz they didn't give that reason. WG simply said,

"the mobile capabilities that are baked into the software have matured to the point that we feel that Tapatalk is unnecessary."

No input from users, no discussion... just "we feel" you don't need all the functionality and convenience that Tapatalk brings.

If time really is the issue, I wish they'd have just said that... "look guys... we'd like to keep it going, we just don't have as much time as we used to."

I wonder if they can see how many users access the site via Tapatalk. I bet they can. I'd be curious to know how many will be affected.

• Like 2

Gotta love the reasoning too...

"We're taking it away because we don't think you need it anymore."

Ummm, okay. Thanks for deciding for me. :loser:

Imagine if Facebook killed their app and told you use your mobile browser to access your account. That place would melt down.

Funny. Here you just implied the decision was made by losers.... Or maybe it was s loser decision. Either way your calling out the people that donate time to the running of this site.

We need a blue collar revolution around here.

Seems more like a stable oligarchy to me. Any dissidence or critique of said oligarchy will be met with an iron fist.

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 3

I'm sad there's no more Tapatalk.

I appreciate all the mods do for the site.

I've never tried the site with safari or Google from my phone.

I'll get over it and learn cuz TMC is an awesome forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Funny. Here you just implied the decision was made by losers.... Or maybe it was s loser decision. Either way your calling out the people that donate time to the running of this site.

Interesting interpretation Lance, but not aimed at the mods themselves.... that would be against TOU's. Even though I've been called names on this forum, I sincerely strive not to do likewise.

I was simply saying it was a "loser" of a decision, imho... meaning the Tapatalk users are losing out on this one.

Good try though! :innocent:

I deleted tapatalk after WG's post to force myself to learn the mobile browser. On tapatalk there's an "unread" tab or section which just lists threads that have a posts you haven't read yet. You can open that thread to see the latest unread post or click a check mark that that then treats the last post in the thread as read without having to open it. Does the mobile browser have something similar? I just want to be able to check what's new (I.e. Unread) and skip the threads I'm uninterested in. All at the press of a single button. If someone can tell me how to do that, I suspect I'll survive this latest calamity to hit TMC. thanks

Edit: just re-downloaded tapatalk. Don't know how u mobile browser guys do it. Tapatalk is so much easier - hopefully I just need educated...

Edited by 3sport

I have never used the app. I kept reading something about weird font coloring, people complaining about problems with pics, or glitches. It stopped me from checking it out. I get sent email if I follow a thread or get a pm so I never have had a problem with the mobile browser. I haven't been able to post pics unless I use my PC though. Hopefully there will be a fix for that?

I have no dog in this cute little argument but I'm sure I will be checking this forum less during the day when I should be working. And most likely less all together. Tapatalk is just easy for a user like me that doesn't post like fiend.

• Like 3

Any recommendations as to which browser is best?

I just tried with safari and the navigation of the mobile version of the site will take some getting used to and the full version is more familiar but tiny.

This thread is hilarious. If shutting down the site for a week created another dialog like this I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.

And FWIW: I don't get the disdain for the mods. At all. Their website. Their time. Their baby. It's their world, they just let us play here. I can't even fathom the time they spend to make this place what it is.

:lol: Could you even imagine busting someone's chops who just towed your arse up and down the river for a freaking year........for FREE (or $25 or $50). I can just hear it now "Dude, really?!?! You're getting rid of the black box?!!??!?! That's freaking lame. Now the iphone interface is going to be different for me. Explain to me exactly why you're doing that right now............and while you're at it explain why I can't eat Doritos again.......dang, Wakegirl's running a tyranny up in this piece........................now could you tow me again for the next year for free?"

Edited by -BS-
  • Like 4

Probably has a flip phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 posts? Must be the one with the flip phone. You've contributed so much to this forum thank you.

My intention was really not to show disdain towards the mods.

I'm really just pointing out the loss of functionality. That statement is not an opinion. It's not laden with emotion. It's just a fact. For some of us (people who actually used and appreciated Tapatalk), access to TMC just got more a little more difficult, the interface a bit more clunky, and the features a little less robust. If you don't use Tapatalk, I can appreciate that this means nothing to you, and thus the impulse to say, "suck it up."

And no, it's not gonna ruin anybody's life, but this is a forum... matter of fact it's the Feedback forum. Seems okay to give feedback, no? Even question what's really behind the decision? If it really is about improved functionality of the mobile site, I'm curious what new features it has. It looks the same to me as last time I tried it. But maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, sorry if my posts were in any way disrespectful. Sometimes I "turn up the contrast." I know this.

How about an analogy for the non-Tapatalk users...

Imagine you buy ALL your groceries at Costco, which is both close to your home and super convenient because of its wide aisles, friendly staff, in-house credit card that gives points, etc. You get in, you get out, you get everything you need easy and fast. You can even get yourself a hot dog and full tank of gas!!

Of all the groceries you buy at Costco, your most favorite is Mint Oreos. It's the first thing you buy every time you cross the threshold. And sometimes you buy way more than you should! :shocked: This goes on for years and years...

Then one day you get an email from Nabisco saying that they will not longer ship Mint Oreos to Costco; however, they will still be available at Winco (way across town, parking lot is a zoo, ignorant staff, no rewards program, no gas, and missing most of the other items you get from Costco). Does this make you hate Mint Oreos? No way... they're the best!! But you might be a little bummed, confused, etc. You might even write a letter to Nabisco or post on the Oreo feedback forum because now you gotta go to two different stores to get your stuff. You can't just forget about the Mint Oreos.. they're your most favorite! But as much as you promise yourself that you'll make the extra trip, in reality you probably do it less because no you have to endure a worse user experience. And while you're frustrated with Nabisco for their decision, you still appreciate the fine work they do making those little fat pills.

Your buddies love Mint Oreos too, but they've been buying them at Winco all along... never been to Costco, hate the membership fee, etc. They can't understand your frustration; nothing changed in their world. They tell to you buck up and stop whining.

Now... who's hungry?

71mH9MKcTRL._SX425_.jpg