Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Direct Drive

VOLS

I don't think anyone would claim a DD is all that versatile. If you want versatile and speed and don't care about any watersports then an io is a better choice. Great boat for skiing though. That thing has been for sale for a long time, it pops up in threads here occasionally due to the ugly wrap they did on everything.

I would stay away from that one. Price seems high for a direct drive and with only 89 hours it has sat most of it's life. It will be super hard to sell later.

I have a DD 04 Wakesetter, it is a good all around boat. That said the one you posted is over priced and has sat for too long without use. It is obviously a show boat not a family boat. There are others on here that like there DD's as I do, and yes it is a versatile boat though it will not win any races against an io. If you are looking for speed go for an io if you like a multitude of water sports the DD malibus are a good place to start.

I agree, lives on a lake and it's done 89 hours. Also the wrap style may indicate how the 89 hours has been used!!

I really like Malibu DD's, just probably not that one.

Our Ski,Wake boats are not fast! To go fast you need to get the hull out of the water. Our boats are designed to stay in the water to create a shaped wake for our sports.

DD for softer smaller wakes, V drive for wake board and surf wakes. A simple look at DD and V drive boats not always 100% true. But as I said our boats keep most of the hull planted in the water.

It's not a 08 Wakesetter, it's an '07 Response LXi. And we've talked about it plenty. It has the one of the cheapest towers on the market and is priced about $10k too high.

Some think it might even be a Silver Anniversary, but I'm not convinced until the wrap comes off. BTW it's been for sale for at least a year.

It's not a 08 Wakesetter, it's an '07 Response LXi. And we've talked about it plenty. It has the one of the cheapest towers on the market and is priced about $10k too high.

Some think it might even be a Silver Anniversary, but I'm not convinced until the wrap comes off. BTW it's been for sale for at least a year.

Thanks very much. This is a terrific site, very immediate responses.