Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED options for lighting floor?

dalt1

On my old 06 VLX the seat cushions overhung the base and I was able to use adhesive strip led to shine down and light the floor. On my 2012 the seat cushions are flush with the seat base walls covered with carpet. I cant mount lights to the underside if the cushions. That leaves me with mounting directly to the carpeted wall. Problem is I am having trouble finding led lights that will mount to the side wall but shine down on the floors. What have you all used for this application?

Look at EL Wire. Not going to put out a lot of light but would be nice accent. It's what I'm going to play with when I get time on my 2015 LSV that has carpet as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my 2013 I ran LED strips around the top of carpet seat base flush with cushions. I bought the LED strips with the black backing so it didn't stand out as much as the white did. They are super bright and tons of light to the floor.

Not that this is a Malibu, but this is what Supra does for floor lighting. Not sure what the manufacturer is on these, but they put out a nice light on the floor at night.

11357394_10101405028947908_4638296634576

Not that this is a Malibu, but this is what Supra does for floor lighting. Not sure what the manufacturer is on these, but they put out a nice light on the floor at night.

11357394_10101405028947908_4638296634576

Have seen these but didn't know if beam pattern would spread out enough without putting in a dozen of them.

I can get a shot of what the look like at night if you want. If I remember correctly they do a nice job of not being distracting at night while underway.

You want to put adhesive backed LED's around the edge of your carpet? Not sure I'd do that as I for one don't think it would look all that good plus, lots of water gets on the floor and it becomes a collection point for debris. Of course this is my old fart perspective on things so take it for what it's worth. If you do install like that please add pics, it will probably look awesome all lit up!

Have seen these but didn't know if beam pattern would spread out enough without putting in a dozen of them.

I put some of these in my boat this winter, I can take a pic at night if you want to see them.

They are waterproof so they should be fine. I had to get some good quality 3m double sided tape for a couple of spots on my 2013. The sticky back on the LED strips isn't very good.

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

Decided to throw them in and see how it looks.

FAC6EC5C-0C3F-4671-90EF-0B7E55BFF109_zpsA4589EF7-B058-41B3-B2E3-CF6101948E1A_zpsD1C41B29-EC80-4297-BD30-5ED598D66C8A_zpsCan dim them or make them fade in and out, flash, or switch between all colors. Purple , yellow, green, red. blue, clear.

Edited by dalt1

Now I want to add some to the gunnels above cup holders. ???? I don't see the connector on E-Bay to add 4 connector cable from 1 strip to another at various lengths? I need to cut and reconnect strips at various lengths.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lots-RGB-4-Pin-Extension-Wire-Connector-Cable-Cord-For-3528-5050-RGB-LED-Strip-/321448394763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item4ad7d1400b

What am I missing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191350419529?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Want to do this but at my own chosen lengths.

Now I want to add some to the gunnels above cup holders. ???? I don't see the connector on E-Bay to add 4 connector cable from 1 strip to another at various lengths? I need to cut and reconnect strips at various lengths.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lots-RGB-4-Pin-Extension-Wire-Connector-Cable-Cord-For-3528-5050-RGB-LED-Strip-/321448394763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item4ad7d1400b

What am I missing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191350419529?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Want to do this but at my own chosen lengths.

You will get much longer life out of the installation by not using connectors and just soldering the cable direct to the strips.

• Like 2

You will get much longer life out of the installation by not using connectors and just soldering the cable direct to the strips.

That sounds like a pain. Maybe just do to my disdain for soldering. May have to try it though.

get a good (cheap) soldering station from parts express and some good high quality solder. Probably like $25 all-in. You can solder on the male connector ends that plug into the y splitter females. I'm notoriously slow with projects and I did all mine in the boat in about 6 hours?