Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SurfGate will not deploy

I have a 2014 Malibu 23 LSV and i am having some problems with my SurfGate. We have used it this year already and it worked perfectly. However, last weekend we went out and SurfGate would not work. The first time we tried to surf it started to deploy but then just closed before it got fully extended. After that first try it just stopped deploying completely the cruise control would engage but that's all. I tried to re-calibrate it and reset everything to factory default (I ignition cycled after each of these things). Finally I gave up any help would be great hate missing time out on the water Thank you.

try service mode and see if both gates will stick out.

If they won't, pull the seat over the transmission and look for a fuse near the starter. Pull to see if it's blown.

try service mode and see if both gates will stick out.

If they won't, pull the seat over the transmission and look for a fuse near the starter. Pull to see if it's blown.

Thanks for the reply and i tried that and they did deploy then just not when actually trying to surf.

dumb q, but you are checking this while moving in the water or stationary on the trailer?

We tried in the water and nothing happened and then again on the trailer and still nothing but it wont let you do anything when its not it the water.

Edited by lawsonmax46

you have to be moving for the sg to deploy.

They will not deploy when i get to 7 mph like they are suppose to i dont even get a notice that normally comes up that says surfgate will deploy at 7 mph. I accelerate like normal and nothing happens.

Ether a software glitch and need a computer reflash or fuse blown. Recommend you contact your dealer. Good luck!

Blackblubu

Man That sucks. Our dealer just got dropped by malibu so i got to find a new one.

Man That sucks. Our dealer just got dropped by malibu so i got to find a new one.

Sorry to hear that... When you did a full reset did you leave battery on or turn it off?

Blackblubu

Sorry to hear that... When you did a full reset did you leave battery on or turn it off?

Blackblubu

I turned the batteries all the way off. The first time i turned the boat on that day it flashed low battery at me on the radio idk if that has anything to do with it.

Shouldn't but not positive about that. If I were you, turn off batteries and Chechen each for voltage with meter. Then put load on them and recheck. May have bad battery/is giving some issue.

Blackblubu

Shouldn't but not positive about that. If I were you, turn off batteries and Chechen each for voltage with meter. Then put load on them and recheck. May have bad battery/is giving some issue.

Blackblubu

I will do that. im just trying to avoid having to take it in t a dealer. Thanks for the help.

Edited by lawsonmax46
  • 5 months later...

i had this problem on a 2013 , turned out to be a relay fault . The is a relay that controls the surfgate in the engine bay beside the surfgate controller, mine was mounted upside down, i presume that is why it failed