Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform Replacement?

mdsan8370

the black rubber on my swim deck gets my upholstery all black when stepping from my platform onto the boat . I'm looking to replace it with Seadek, probably with the Faux teak look. Has anyone had good or bad luck with Seadek?

I've had black seadek for 4 years on my trailer fenders and swim grid with great results. No black footprints!

Edited by Maverikx99

Is this a common problem? I literally just swapped my teak for fiberglass/rubber and haven't used it yet... lol boats will be boats

Unfortunately, yes.

Ok fun... so from what I can see, the best options are:

1) Replace with Seadek at a cost between $255 - $300 (seadek.com) **Perfect fit - no need to cut**

2) Replace with Dyno Grip (wakejunky.com) at a cost ~ $100 **Comes in sheets - need to cut to size**

3) Replace with Hydro-Turf (hydroturf.com) at a cost of $80 + $30 for adhesive **Comes in sheets - need to cut to size**

Any other recommendations? I'm sure there are some others out there!

Edited by jonredcorn

Ok fun... so from what I can see, the best options are:

1) Replace with Seadek at a cost between $255 - $300 (seadek.com) **Perfect fit - no need to cut**

2) Replace with Dyno Grip (wakejunky.com) at a cost ~ $100 **Comes in sheets - need to cut to size**

3) Replace with Hydro-Turf (hydroturf.com) at a cost of $80 + $30 for adhesive **Comes in sheets - need to cut to size**

Any other recommendations? I'm sure there are some others out there!

Trade for teak :Tease3:

• Like 3

As long as we're on a roll - any recommendations as to how to cut the edges of this stuff? Use a router? Just be careful with an X-acto knife? Possibly get a Mat Cutter for 45 degree angle cuts?? I suppose it all depends on how fancy you want to get... but does using a router seem like a viable method?? (I've honestly never used one before)

I would not advise using a router, having used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened when you used a router? I assumed they used some sort of router'ish type tool to get the beveled edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On 5/27/2015 at 3:47 AM, TimbrSS said:

I had same issue. My seadek turned out great, but only had for a week so far. IMG_20150519_195651_zpsjovpmccg.jpg

I would love to know who to call to order a new swim deck just like this!  I am clueless.  My husbands wants one badly and I wanted to surprise him for his January birthday.

Ours is hammered.  We have a 2006 Wakesetter VLX.  Did this come from SeaDek?  And how did you order? Please advise.  Thank you very much! Not sure how to order.

We have the wake latch cut out.

• 2 weeks later...

I helped a Freind place new sea deck on his MC platform. He had a rectangle to start with. We started using a sheet of large butcher paper and scribed the edges of the platform then moved in about 1”.  We cut out the paper and transferred to a piece of 1/2” plywood. We cut out the plywood with a saber saw at about 30 degree angel and sanded smooth. From there we used the plywood as template and used the long blade box cutter to follow the template angle. This left about a 1/2” inboard from the edge . Now we placed the pad on the platform with it exactly spaced equally around the edge and taped it down around about one half so it didn’t move. Now you lift up the loose half and remove the backing paper, slowly lower and stick down from the center out to edges to eliminate any air bubbles. Once down remove tape and place second half. Piece of cake🤣😅