Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 USB input for Apple device?

ThinkinBu

Does the glove box USB input work for apple devices? I tried pad pod and phone....the radio screen flashes RD.

Thanks

I tried the same thing this weekend with an older generation iPod and it just flashed USB RD.... I thought maybe it was just because it was an older iPod so I took out a gen2 touch and the same problem....

It does not read Idevices and never has. That port is only for thumb drives loaded with music.

You have to use the proprietary iPod cable that goes into the round port for it to read on the headunit.

It does not read Idevices and never has. That port is only for thumb drives loaded with music.

You have to use the proprietary iPod cable that goes into the round port for it to read on the headunit.

Thank you - that's what I was assuming based on what happened. Do you happen to know the adapter needed plug into the apple port on the 2015's? Thanks!

Well okay, no problem buying a cable for idevices. Dlo you know with this cable how well the stereo interface performs?

Not overly impressed with the factory gear. Out of the box.

-amps poorly tuned

-amps underpowered

-awful BT connectivity and sound level

-poor FM

-aux imput sound level and frequency out put sounds muffled

-tower speaking wiring-limits power options

-added sirius in hopes of improving reception and sound reproduction, slight improvement

-USB does what function....thumb drive mp3!

The Rockford adapter works well with my older 4S and iPod, sound is as good as BT. The screen interface sucks.

I bought a bunch of 3ft lightening cables to keep in the boat just to keep phones charged. That seems to be the best function of the USB outlets. BT seems to give the best control of playlist functionality. Otherwise its on SiriusXM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bjcrumpton

Last I checked it was not up on their website. I called RF direct and ordered one. It was about $70. Tried it last weekend for first time and seemed to work fine with no issues so far.

$70!!! Why is everyone against the AUX jack? Aside from the cable being plugged into the glove box. Don't you run playlists and let it go?

I switch up tunes a lot throughout the day, I play DJ as each rider is getting ready for their set adjusting the tunes to the rider. And if offensive music comes up with the little one on the boat, it's quickly changed! :)

I already have the cable that came with the boat and an Apple lightning adaptor. Good enough for me.

No cable came with my boat - When you factor in the cost of the damn RF cable plus lighning adaptor, you're at 80 bucks .. This crap is out of hand... I should go see if Monoprice makes something that'll work.. :)

$70!!! Why is everyone against the AUX jack? Aside from the cable being plugged into the glove box. Don't you run playlists and let it go?

Teenagers! They want to change the song every 30 seconds. Guess I should take back control of the tunes! I direct ordered the 30pin connector from RF, it was $40.

I already have the cable that came with the boat and an Apple lightning adaptor. Good enough for me.

Does the adapter work? I have a couple spare ones laying around.

What is advantage of lighting cable? Charging? Can't you just use a regular 1/4 aux cable and a standard car charger? I thought there was a 12v connection in glove box?

USB stick sucks. I just discovered that you have to convert all the mp4 files to mp3 just so they will play and I agree the Rockford Fosgate interface also sucks. Now I understand all the aftermarket stereo threads.