Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Time Surfgate Calibration

Noticed the Starboard gate sticking out just a bit when I dropped off the boat this Monday. I got no errors or warnings. I think I may have turned off the power to the boat without centering my gates my last session. It took two seconds to calibrate and that was it.

I know others have had max amp current warning, but I did not. If it happens again, could it be a sign of Lenco Actuator failure?

martinarcher

Nope. The actuators used have no position feedback and require the boat the "time" how long the outputs are on to know if they are deployed or not. Powering off the boat before the actuators are int he stowed position would mean the boat will boot back up and assume the are stowed since that is the home position on boot up. Running the calibration will get you back up and running fine.

• Like 2