Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

help with attaching seat

I am slowly but surely getting the Flightcraft together and hope to get in the water next weekend for a test drive and hopefully leave it in for the rest of the summer. The slides on the seat rotted and fell apart. I just pulled the plate off and the four bolts that come up thru the floor that hold the sliders on disintegrated. U was hoping that under the plate there would be access to those bolts but no go. Its solid. there is no access to this area at all. Any advise or ideas would be much appreciated. trying to attach pics but the files are too big

edit: pics attached

post-5825-0-38500500-1432646317_thumb.jp

post-5825-0-57499500-1432646338_thumb.jp

Edited by foiler1

On my Flightcraft, a '92, that plate is screwed into the floor from the top with wood screws. You can move it slightly left or right to avoid the rotted bolts without making much of a difference for the driver. I'd go toward the passenger side as the farther you go right, the closer you get to the chine (hull) so be very careful with the length of the screws.

On my Flightcraft, a '92, that plate is screwed into the floor from the top with wood screws. You can move it slightly left or right to avoid the rotted bolts without making much of a difference for the driver. I'd go toward the passenger side as the farther you go right, the closer you get to the chine (hull) so be very careful with the length of the screws.

The problem is not with the wood screws going into the floor but the four that come up and bolt to the bottom of the sliders

The problem is not with the wood screws going into the floor but the four that come up and bolt to the bottom of the sliders

They make a screw that is wood screw on one end an machined bolt on the other. You should be able to find those online or hardware store.

Forgot to mention there are four carriage bolts that come up from the bottom of the plate (flush with the plate) to mount the sliders

cofooter, those four bolts come up from under the floor and thru the sliders. I cant access under the floor. any ideas?

Michigan border already gave you the answer - hanger bolts. Cut off the one remaining one and then offset the new ones an inch or so forward or back.

https://www.boltdepot.com/Hanger_bolts.aspx

hanger-bolt.gif

Edited by oldjeep

Rather than hanger bolts, I'd probably use threaded nut inserts. Amazon has them in 18-8 stainless or brass. Search for E Z Lok threaded insert. Don't use the zinc ones in your boat.