Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another wakesurf board thread...

kwebster1

Maybe there is a better term for it but let's put it like this maybe? A surf style board I believe would have more "push" meaning the ability to ride further back. I know the wake is creating the push the different boards have to have different allowance for how big your surf pocket may be. Does that make sense?

Oh ok.

Generally Surf style boards create speed by using the fins. Skim style boards create speed by using the rocker.

There are other factors involved as well like board flex, rail shape, and tail shape

But the reality is that 95% won't progress past a certain point, because of limited time on the water OR because they're just not physically gifted OR by the time they get enough time in on the board, father time has got the better of them OR they just don't take it that seriously.

Guilty of all of the above. :Frustrated:

• Like 3

The sweet spot is a fun board but it is a surf style in every way

I tend to disagree a little bit.

" If you want surface spins and skim-style handling coupled with the power to launch monster airs on your surf-style board, there is only solution"

http://www.inlandsurfer.net/board-shop/ztzhdwczj464q1z6b7z025q9f07zm1

That quote is right from the horse's mouth. I read that as "hybrid". My wife spins that board around pretty easily, and I wouldn't hesitate to throw smaller fins on it either. It's fast enough that it doesn't need 9cm fins. 7cm fins would be a ton of fun.

Edited by boardjnky4

Maybe an admin should make this a sticky so I can feel like I have for once made some beneficial contributions to this while chat forum thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously I'm biased because I ride for and work for Victoria, but I'm honest when I say good things about Phase 5. I think they make great boards as well and they do some cool stuff. And I try them out every chance I get to see what's going on. We just do things a little bit differently, but that's what keeps

Would the agent be the best board for someone that is at the top of the 250 lb weight range? Would be interesting to ride a sub 5 foot board with enough speed for a big guy.

Would the agent be the best board for someone that is at the top of the 250 lb weight range? Would be interesting to ride a sub 5 foot board with enough speed for a big guy.

The L Agent should work very well if you have a strong wake. It is super fast and ride high on the surface because of its surface area.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys. I realize this a bit of an older post but it covered what I was looking for. I am about to spend 10 days on the columbia river and wanted to add something new to the boat. I always ride surf style and currently have an IS sweet spot which I like. Previous boards was a IS Mucus. So my question is how lost am I am going to be on a L Victoria Factor? I am generally comfortable behind the boat on anything. Is Large the right size? I am 5'11" and a buck eighty. And why would I order from Victoria directly when cal marine sports is cheaper? Thanks.

Hi Guys. I realize this a bit of an older post but it covered what I was looking for. I am about to spend 10 days on the columbia river and wanted to add something new to the boat. I always ride surf style and currently have an IS sweet spot which I like. Previous boards was a IS Mucus. So my question is how lost am I am going to be on a L Victoria Factor? I am generally comfortable behind the boat on anything. Is Large the right size? I am 5'11" and a buck eighty. And why would I order from Victoria directly when cal marine sports is cheaper? Thanks.

Wakemitch should be able to help you with the sizing. According to their sizing chart it looks like you can ride either the medium or large. The only issue I see is the wait time. It takes about 3 weeks for the board to get built and shipped.

• 1 month later...