Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No Power to Solenoid

Had a no start at the ramp. The 12v wire going to the solenoid is dead. Put a meter on it turn ignition to start no power. I have 13.6v to the starter. I had the boat out 2 weeks ago no problem.

Is there a inline fuse? Or do you think the ignition switch is bad? Bench tested the starter it is fine.

Buy the way its not the lanyard switch I checked that.

Edited by OLDGUY

there are three relays for starter, ign and fuel pump located near the ecm. the relays are all alike so feel free to pop them out and swap them around to see if your symptoms change.

Edited by tvano

There is a set of 3 fuses near the ECM under a plastic cap. One for the starter, one for fuel pump, and one for ECM. Check the fuse associated with the yellow / red wire. I'm pretty sure there is a slave solinoid on that model year under the plate that the ECM is mounted to. It's a little hard to get to but is likely your issue if the fuse is good.

There is a set of 3 fuses near the ECM under a plastic cap. One for the starter, one for fuel pump, and one for ECM. Check the fuse associated with the yellow / red wire. I'm pretty sure there is a slave solinoid on that model year under the plate that the ECM is mounted to. It's a little hard to get to but is likely your issue if the fuse is good.

the schematic i'm looking at says that those three fuses are "battery, ignition and fuel".

Had a no start at the ramp. The 12v wire going to the solenoid is dead. Put a meter on it turn ignition to start no power. I have 13.6v to the starter. I had the boat out 2 weeks ago no problem.

Is there a inline fuse? Or do you think the ignition switch is bad? Bench tested the starter it is fine.

Buy the way its not the lanyard switch I checked that.

Or your kill switch cable came off.

Or your kill switch cable came off.

He already said that he checked that.

Although, we have seen the connections on the back of the kill switch fail. Wiggling them would change things. Same with the ignition switch. Check those connections.

Disengaged the transmission by pulling out the knob buy the throttle. I even pulled the lanyard out and buy passed it. Still no power to solenoid.

Try turning key switch to on, then jumping 12v lug on solenoid to start wire on solenoid (an old screwdriver will work fine). If engine starts and runs, it's just a problem with the start circuit.

• 2 weeks later...

For what its worth I had this issue. I went through all the suggestions already posted. I found out the breaker in the passenger compartment that was supposed to be for the dash equipment ended up being inline to my starter. It was tripped. Check there to make sure that is not it. Hopefully its an easy fix.

Gluck

Claudio

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I fixed the solenoid problem now my fuel pump has no power. The three relays by the computer one of them is for the fuel pump?