Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

USB Stick in glove box only playing old mp3 files

chrisnorem

So I loaded a bunch of songs from my iTunes library onto the Malibu/Kingston USB stick and plugged it into the glove box USB port on the boat (2014 VTX) and it will only play 2 old mp 3 songs. All the new stuff it will not recognize. I used the same process for the usb port on my Explorer Sport (much cooler than an F150) and had no issues. I dragged each song onto the stick with my mac.

All the files are on the stick and will play from the computer no problem. What should I be doing differently? Any input appreciated. The bluetooth works fine but I don't wan t to run my phone all the time.

what do you mean by "old mp3s"? Are your itunes library songs aac? The RFX 5000 specs only mention mp3 and wma, so that's probably your issue.

Now what you could do is create a "boat" playlist in itunes and then use an app like itunemywalkman to sync the playlist to the thumb drive.

in itunes you want to go into preferences/general and click "import settings," where you will pick an mp3 encoding format. Then go back to the playlist select all and right click and check "create mp3 version." You will now have two versions of each file in your library. One in AAC and one in mp3. I think you could at least delete the AAC files from the playlist by creating a new column under "kind" and then sort by kind and delete all the aac files.

... or you could just use your phone/bluetooth.

Edited by shawndoggy