Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speakers in bow - location ideas

Punyelroo

So the grommets are grizzling again.... this time its speakers in the bow - its a Response so room is limited but I was thinking I might be able to hide a couple of 6" rounds up inside the handle area somewhere ?

IMG_1028_zpsbjeusxv9.jpeg

Anybody done something similar and has pictures/idea's? :unsure:

Cheers

Yea, the more I ponder the more I think the only place is mounted in each side of the walkway. If the center cushion is in (its usually not) then clearly that would impact the performance.

There is simply not enough space behind those handles or even fore/aft of them somewhere.....

Edited by Punyelroo

Speakers aren't very deep. I'm surprised there isn't room. I want to do the same with my SS LXi but haven't measured yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahopkins22LSV

I could see there being enough space, to mount and depth for like shallow mount 5 1/4" speakers, but probably not 6.5's.

Would still take some fab'ing of removing the handles and making a board or box.

For consistency's sake I was going to use Rockford M262 (as I have 2 spares already) like all the others but they are pretty deep .... Mounting depth is 7cm but with the grill and so forth its more like 10cm you have to get in there ....

Also not sure what putting them behind there will have on the acoustics....

I feel a weekend project coming on ....

Edited by Punyelroo

They work, but it's not like they contribute much.

vRidebow.jpg

Cool !

Can you elaborate on the 'don't contribute much' comment Bill ?

Edited by Punyelroo

OK - here's my version of Bill's.

Made a little half box - side shaped to the hull curves then covered in carpet.

There is barely enough space - you have to put it all together in the right order otherwise you can't get it all in.

I used standard M262 Rockford 6.5" speakers

IMG_1041_zpsutgttr4o.jpeg

IMG_1047_zps0i60qc3w.jpeg

Cheers

Edited by Punyelroo
  • Like 4

OK - here's my version of Bill's.

Made a little half box - side shaped to the hull curves then covered in carpet.

There is barely enough space - you have to put it all together in the right order otherwise you can't get it all in.

I used standard M262 Rockford 6.5" speakers

IMG_1041_zpsutgttr4o.jpeg

IMG_1047_zps0i60qc3w.jpeg

Cheers

Looks nice! vride? I want to do that in my 07 vride. the PO upgraded the rest of the cabins with those same rf speakers.
  • Like 1

Yea - it looks OK I think. Securing the box properly is still a work in progress. Its tricky - right now there is a 'spacer' at the bottom of the box to stop the whole lot sliding down and some velcro (the hook side) that sticks to the carpet, up the top where you cannot see it.

Not sure how well it will stand up to those wakesetter wakes yet.... ;)

I don't there there is nearly as much space in the TXi bow as there is the VRide, but nice work Bill!

Apparently there is plenty of room.

Good job P

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
ahopkins22LSV

Apparently there is plenty of room.

Good job P

Yeah to be honest I didn't think there would be. I could go look at mine though it rained from Saturday noon to yesterday about 4pm. Lovely weekend...