Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The reason you guys hate tubers...

ibelonginprison

I love wakeboarding but also love tubing. You just have to be smart about how you tow the tubes and where you tow the tubes. We usually wakeboard before 10 and after 5 when the water is calm but tube during the busy times as you don't need flat water.

I used to tube all the time. It's what the young kids wanted to do.

But I will say that people who were with me never understood how I would defer to wakeboarders and skiers. Even if I was there first, if they came to do their thing, I would just pack up and go somewhere else.

Still working on it jeez!!! Don't strip my bro points :cry:

*looks at watch*

*taps foot*

It's cool, no really. Take your time.

:p

• Like 2

Tubing responsibly is fine with me. Not ruining someone's water, letting the spotters do their job so you can drive properly and especially at safe speeds.

My issue is the people tubing with boats that require unsafe speeds to stay on plane......it amazes me the speeds some parents will tube their kids at. There is no reason the boat has to go that fast to give a good ride, other than their boats weren't designed for towing. I would bet money those drivers would cry uncle in a nanosecond if they got on their own tube behind those kinds of boats.

I got the pictures but they were swinging their tops around like lassos at the time and I didn't think it would be appropriate, sorry :biggrin:

oh, now you're just being downright mean. LOL

We have a Ski Skimmer for the little ones. I've had a 2 year old on our's, started him on the platform. You can pull the smallest ones at just above idle and they can get up and ride. Some of the small kids need a person in the water to get them started, after that it really easy for them. One of my daughters boys learned on the skimmer by pulling him on the grass behind the riding lawnmower. No tubes at our house.

post-5-0-00448300-1432763915_thumb.png

• Like 2

We have a Ski Skimmer for the little ones. I've had a 2 year old on our's, started him on the platform. You can pull the smallest ones at just above idle and they can get up and ride. Some of the small kids need a person in the water to get them started, after that it really easy for them. One of my daughters boys learned on the skimmer by pulling him on the grass behind the riding lawnmower. No tubes at our house.

Ronnie - that's actually pretty sweet! I think *I* might even Ski if I had something like that for an adult. LOL

Oh, and LMAO @ "pulling him on the grass behind the riding lawnmower."

My Texas brethren. *fist bump*

• Like 2

That made my day. Good to see my kids are not the only ones practicing water sports on dry land. Ours pretend to knee board behind their bikes with a skateboard.

I tried to ride that thing. Too big...

That is a GREAT idea!!!! I've been trying for the past couple of years to get my son (5) to try to ski, but he wouldn't do it. Finally got him up this weekend (and whatever video format my wife's iPhone has won't let me save so I can post it). We just had to stop calling it his skis, and start calling it his wakeboard.

I told him if he rode the surfboard, ropeless, that day, he could have the board. The board is his. :(

Well... I think I've been outdone by a child, and that's a little embarrassing. haha

Tubers, gun owners, jet skiers, wake boarders, are all the same. Its not the tool they are using that makes them annoying, it's the tool that is operating them. :crazy:[/quote

Blow Guns excluded..

My daughter rode ours at age 3. It was so funny, she was giving the "slow down" signal to me, and I was at idle. She was like 10 feet behind the boat, close and slow enough for me to say "Sorry sweetie, I can't go any slower!" from the driver's seat to her.

• Like 2

Those Skimmers are great for getting the little ones riding. I was going to buy one, but was given a set of trainers so we went with those instead. My son was riding at the age of 3, almost 4. Now he's mostly into the kneeboard at 5, almost 6. He's still having trouble with the wakeboard - never can get him to turn it after he gets up, but he has the smallest one I could find and I think its still a little big for him.

I have one of those inflatable trainers, half tube half ski, looks like a little jetski. Kids love it as they are kind of tubing but then stand up and are kind of skiing. Every kid I've had on it does it for an afternoon then jumps on the trainers with success.

You guys want an idiot Wally tube video? I can near garauntee I can get one tomorrow... LAke Anna looked like a Black Friday sale at Walmart today.

Lake Anna is the absolute worst on weekends. Can't do it.

thank goodness it's really only bad on holiday weekends down here. Other weekends are normal'ish and the idiots per capita are on a smaller scale.

• Like 1

That's the truth! I've got a good friend that works most saturdays during the summer so the only time he's ever visited us down at the lake is holiday weekends. I keep telling him he needs to come on a "good " weekend.

Don't get me wrong, we have used them to help my niece and nephew get used to being behind the boat and they are nice to float in when tied up.

But I have countless stories of where idiots have endangered themselves, myself, and others. They are right up there with PWC operators.