Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Memorial Day go or stay

walnut

We just got off the water, were out yesterday and today on Orchard Lake in Michigan. Yesterday (Saturday) was a bit busier. It was overcast today so I think many stayed home and surprisingly we were the only ones towing this morning. The launch was a mad house at 3pm of people both putting in and taking out when some rain came. Looking to get out tomorrow early maybe, PM calls for storms.

We went out yesterday and will tomorrow. On holiday weekends we are on the water before 11 and head for home before the crowds leave. Though the lake we use most gets busy the ramp we chose is off the beaten path so very rarely do we have much of an issue.

We went out yesterday and will tomorrow. On holiday weekends we are on the water before 11 and head for home before the crowds leave. Though the lake we use most gets busy the ramp we chose is off the beaten path so very rarely do we have much of an issue.

You must be going to 50......No Barton's Creek fun?

It varies for us. If we have family in town, we usually go. If we're solo for the weekend we sometimes stay in.

This is certainly a busy weekend. We go early, on water by 9:30a and we're off about 4:30p.

We went today. Wife's brother and kids in town. It was busy, but not crazy.

Be safe if you go. Lots of folks out who seem to only boat once a year, this weekend.

That's the good/bad part about my job. I'm at work all weekend on the summer holiday weekends, Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day as those are big sales days. I don't miss the crowds when it comes to riding but I do miss the dropping anchor and hanging out in a cove on a holiday weekend. I will be out on Tuesday when everyone goes back to work.

That's the good/bad part about my job. I'm at work all weekend on the summer holiday weekends, Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day as those are big sales days. I don't miss the crowds when it comes to riding but I do miss the dropping anchor and hanging out in a cove on a holiday weekend. I will be out on Tuesday when everyone goes back to work.

I would suggest that's better than the weekend. I get the hanging in the cove thing, but no traffic and no wallies......kind hard to beat.