walnut

Memorial Day go or stay

walnut

We usually avoid the water on this weekend too many peopl out just wondering what everybody else does :cheers:

oldjeep

Been rainy every 15 minutes. Typically we go out first thing in the morning but this year nothing so far.

DAI

Went yesterday afternoon, little crazy but not too bad. Today and tomorrow are no go due to weather.

BFresh

We just got off the water, were out yesterday and today on Orchard Lake in Michigan. Yesterday (Saturday) was a bit busier. It was overcast today so I think many stayed home and surprisingly we were the only ones towing this morning. The launch was a mad house at 3pm of people both putting in and taking out when some rain came. Looking to get out tomorrow early maybe, PM calls for storms.

WakingMeHappy

First time we've ever traveled over Memorial Day weekend. Having a blast in Greers Ferry, AR.

saxton15

Tried to go out today. Wind was howling, we had three foot rollers coming in. We spun around and took it back to the dock!

dlb

We went out yesterday and will tomorrow. On holiday weekends we are on the water before 11 and head for home before the crowds leave. Though the lake we use most gets busy the ramp we chose is off the beaten path so very rarely do we have much of an issue.

NCVride

We went out yesterday and will tomorrow. On holiday weekends we are on the water before 11 and head for home before the crowds leave. Though the lake we use most gets busy the ramp we chose is off the beaten path so very rarely do we have much of an issue.

You must be going to 50......No Barton's Creek fun?

Afun

I'm done! But you will see my post later

jester3653

It varies for us. If we have family in town, we usually go. If we're solo for the weekend we sometimes stay in.

This is certainly a busy weekend. We go early, on water by 9:30a and we're off about 4:30p.

We went today. Wife's brother and kids in town. It was busy, but not crazy.

Be safe if you go. Lots of folks out who seem to only boat once a year, this weekend.

Sixball

Got some nice runs in this morning. Cold but quiet.

isellacuras

That's the good/bad part about my job. I'm at work all weekend on the summer holiday weekends, Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day as those are big sales days. I don't miss the crowds when it comes to riding but I do miss the dropping anchor and hanging out in a cove on a holiday weekend. I will be out on Tuesday when everyone goes back to work.

inlandlaker

That's the good/bad part about my job. I'm at work all weekend on the summer holiday weekends, Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day as those are big sales days. I don't miss the crowds when it comes to riding but I do miss the dropping anchor and hanging out in a cove on a holiday weekend. I will be out on Tuesday when everyone goes back to work.

I would suggest that's better than the weekend. I get the hanging in the cove thing, but no traffic and no wallies......kind hard to beat.

CumminsBu

The two holidays I don't boat is Mermorial day and 4th of July. Now the boat ramp is alway entertaining!!!

Bill_AirJunky

Everyone left town. The lake was dead, temps in the 80s all weekend. Had a few thundershowers late Sunday.

Soon2BV

DHL was nice. Marinas and ramps busy, but not many people running around - mostly cove parties of 10+ boats.