Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Replacement

WakingMeHappy

It may be time to replace my trailer. Used is fine but I don't see anything on Ski It Again. I want a painted, dual tandom but should I look at Boatmate or Extreme or something else? Nothing fancy. What kind of price tag am I looking at?

Edited by WakingMeHappy

Why do you need a new one. Can you fix the old one for less?

Posable but not likely. Brakes are shot, lights don't work, rust on the inside and already did some welding and painting.

Brakes and lights are easy and way less than 5k. If it were more for structural reasons, I could see wanting to replace.

Got some cracks along the steps where the guide poles connect. The prop guard was welded because of rust. Chunks of rusted metal are falling out from the inside.

Could I milk it a year or two? Probably. But I don't want to find out I have metal fatigue when going down the highway. I had planned on selling the boat this year and I don fell right selling a trailer to someone knowing it has these issues.

• 2 weeks later...

My previous boat (I/o) had a shore lander trailer from 1988. It's a better trailer than my current 07 boatmate trailer. Just sayin.