WakingMeHappy

Trailer Replacement

WakingMeHappy

It may be time to replace my trailer. Used is fine but I don't see anything on Ski It Again. I want a painted, dual tandom but should I look at Boatmate or Extreme or something else? Nothing fancy. What kind of price tag am I looking at?

Edited by WakingMeHappy

Smokinjo

I would say Boatmate. They are made in Knoxville. They should have the pattern for your boat. Nothing fancy will still set you back 3500+.

kstateskierMO

My dealer quoted me around $5200 for a tandem boatmate with LED's nothing fancy.

WakingMeHappy

Talked to Boatmate today. Looks like a basic trailer run me close to 5k. Ouch. Really didn't think it would be that painful.

dlb

Why do you need a new one. Can you fix the old one for less?

WakingMeHappy

Why do you need a new one. Can you fix the old one for less?

Posable but not likely. Brakes are shot, lights don't work, rust on the inside and already did some welding and painting.

Pnwrider

Brakes and lights are easy and way less than 5k. If it were more for structural reasons, I could see wanting to replace.

WakingMeHappy

Brakes and lights are easy and way less than 5k. If it were more for structural reasons, I could see wanting to replace.

Got some cracks along the steps where the guide poles connect. The prop guard was welded because of rust. Chunks of rusted metal are falling out from the inside.

Could I milk it a year or two? Probably. But I don't want to find out I have metal fatigue when going down the highway. I had planned on selling the boat this year and I don fell right selling a trailer to someone knowing it has these issues.

WakingMeHappy

Yes on will to travel but not that far and can't be sure they would match my boat. Thanks for looking.

williemon

My previous boat (I/o) had a shore lander trailer from 1988. It's a better trailer than my current 07 boatmate trailer. Just sayin.

oldjeep

I like my boatmate, but if I had to buy a trailer I'd be looking at those dual ibeam aluminum trailers.