Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Blanket - Recommend

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=858

Had an opportunity last evening to bust out the boat blanket I got as a christmas gift and I highly recommend it for any with younger kids who want to stay on the water as the evening chill comes in. Worked well with heater. Had my wife, two kids, and some of the kid's friends up in the bow staying warm while enjoying a sunset cruise on still water. The only downside is that I really pressed my kids bedtime and paid for it this morning.

I never understood why these things haven't taken off. Bakes had an employee years ago who dreamed these things up & called them Hot Wraps. I still have a pair of them from 2 boats & 15 yrs ago. Bakes took them on when he wasn't able to keep making them anymore, but I don't think they sell that many. Sure you can use any old blanket, but their not waterproof & wind proof, and have the foot pockets at the end, or the bag to bundle them up in. $150 is a bit much, but we really love them on our boat.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I never understood why these things haven't taken off. Bakes had an employee years ago who dreamed these things up & called them Hot Wraps. I still have a pair of them from 2 boats & 15 yrs ago. Bakes took them on when he wasn't able to keep making them anymore, but I don't think they sell that many. Sure you can use any old blanket, but their not waterproof & wind proof, and have the foot pockets at the end, or the bag to bundle them up in. $150 is a bit much, but we really love them on our boat.

^^^ exactly. Pricy, but feels inexpensive given the cost of everything else with the boat.

Edited by DAI